“Good food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a good place to visit, We have eaten at every place in the area an they have good food and great atmosphere. The french onion soup is one of the best I have ever eaten, The blacken cod is great, The bar is great

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St. Lucia
“Could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My American fiancee found this venue a few months ago, weve just spent two months touring England and eating in English pubs, the change in the food there has been amazing, so expectations were probably set too high for this newish English style pub.
The Boddington draught beer was flatish, not the creamy beer it is intended to be. I choose the Bangers and mash, my fiancee the Guiness burger. The B&M had great onion gravy, mash with large lumps in and although the bangers were tasty and cooked, still had the appearance of being raw, so not grilled, probably boiled or micro waved, and the side order of just warm beans, didnt even taste like beans. Really basic simple cooking could have produced a great meal. On the other hand , my fiancee's burger was really good, with excellent fries. I washed the meal down with one of my favourites, Old Speckled Hen.
We will give it another try and taste something different. Our server did the best she could.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
PAINESVILLE
“Best pub in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a chance to visit this town of Lake Jackson this week and had a lunch with some past friends. First of all, the decor is genuine European and I was impressed with the furniture and decor. The atmosphere is friendly and very nice. They have a great selection of draught beers and the food was delicious. This is a gem for Lake Jackson. Best in town to hang out and I am sure would be a business casual location.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richwood, TX
“Great place for friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a new restaurant in Lake Jackson located on This Way (yes that is the name of the street). Offering a full bar, dinner and lunch menus, this restaurant has been very popular with the locals since opening this summer.
The food is English-pub style and is all very good. I have eaten here several times, had a variety of items and never been disappointed but my favorite is their Reuben Sandwich. As for appetizers, the Blue Crab Stack is outstanding and the Reuben Balls are amazing.
I will definitely be a regular here.

Visited August 2013
Brazoria, Texas
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was very excited to try out this new pub in our area. We definitely needed a new restaurant. It is in downtown and has outdoor seating, which is attracting. My husband and I are foodies and eat out frequently. Customer service and food quality is important to us. When we walked in we were not greeted. The place was not busy, yet we stood there a few minutes unsure of whether we should seat ourselves or wait. Finally someone asked if we had been helped, and we said no, and were seated. There seemed to be a nicer dining area, yet we were seated in the back by the kitchen and area where the pool table was? I had a nice view of where the POS system was and all the waitstaff seemed to congregate, even the manager, who seemed more concerned with playing around with the servers than what was going on in the restaurant . The food was alright. My steak was a little on the tough side. My husband ordered the stew, which he wasn't too thrilled with. As a few of the servers were off the clock they would come walking out with black tank tops and short black shorts which were under their uniforms, carrying their skirts over their arms. They hung around walking around back and forth carrying part of their uniform. I found it tacky. The uniforms were actually cute, I don't know why they preferred to lose the skirts and walk around the place with customers there. It was just odd. Even though we did not have a drink on this occasion, I was hoping to go back with friends for a few beers. I have no desire to go back. The service was unprofessional, the food mediocre, and the atmosphere dull.

• Visited June 2013