“A Wyndham Hotel in need of TLC” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in La Porte
Edinburg, Texas
“A Wyndham Hotel in need of TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

According to the GPS the hotel is located in the middle of an expressway intersection. Take heed. Found the hotel about two blocks north, fairly new within the past 3 years but already looking a bit used. The front desk was very pleased that we were getting a Jacuzzi room and we were surprised because of the cost of the room was very reasonable. A traveling companion had made the reservations for 4 couples so we had no idea what we were getting. The room was large and was apparently a handicap accessible room, supposedly. The room was large, the furniture was pretty much trashed with missing or dangling handles on the dresser drawers. The wifi was intermittent, a nice TV. You needed a ladder to get in the slab of granite they called a bed. The bath was interesting and did have a nice shower head with lots of water although the paint was pealing and the grout was coming up around the tub. There is no way a handicapped person could get in the bathroom, the door was stuck on the carpet and would not open completely. We did not try the Jacuzzi, it did not look clean. Thank God we were there only one night waiting to get aboard a cruise ship. The management did promptly handle one problem, a guest parked a truck and motorcycle trailer in front of the rooms, taking up 6 parking spaces. Otherwise we did not complain abut the room, just left it alone and will not stay there again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooma
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel was fine. The manager was quite anxious regarding payment. He jumped to the wrong idea when I first arrived. His daughter was able to calm him down. He never did apologize for his anxious behavior. Oh Well, it was still a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

New Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here one night prior to our cruise out of the newly opened Houston Bayport Cruise Terminal. We had requested a ground floor room when we made the reservation and it was ready for us when we arrived at 2:00 p.m. The room was a nice surprise because it had a small sitting area separated from the bedroom. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and towels were plentiful. Several restaurants were within a short driving distance and the cruise terminal was less than 20 minutes away. We didn't eat breakfast but did see that it was kind of standard...juice, milk, waffles, cereal, fruit, and pastries. Value was excellent and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Prior to my trip from Tennessee to Texas the week of July 04,2013; I checked the reviews on this hotel. I developed mixed emotions about this hotel. Upon arrival, I was greeted courteously and the front desk clerk went out of her way to place me in a ground floor room due to my upcoming race and possible knee issues. In my nice and clean room, I had some difficulty with my remote. I called the front desk and inquired about new batteries. She immediately sent someone to check out the issue and he found the remote was disabled. He quickly replaced it, apologized for any inconvenience and talked with me for a moment about the planned upgrades for the hotel and his previous trips to Chattanooga. A couple of days into my stay, my door would not lock. I called the front desk and within 15 minutes, maintenance had diagnosed the problem (just normal wear and tear) and was correcting it. My door was perfect by the time I returned from a short trip into a neighboring town. The hotel was quiet and peaceful. The pool was excellent, housekeeping went above and beyond to meet my needs and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again when I return each year for the Baytown Bud Heatwave race.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn LaPorte? Share your experiences!