“Not worth going back again” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mainly Drinks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in La Porte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mainly Drinks serves what its name implies and so much more! We are a full-service restaurant serving lunch and dinner six days a week. We also offer gourmet coffees and teas, micro-brewery ales and beers, and boutique wines.
La Porte, Texas
“Not worth going back again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were in the area and after reading the reviews both pro and con, we decided to give it a shot since it claims to be upscale dining. Bad idea, if it could go wrong it did! We waited a long time to be seated, no one even greeted us, and the staff took a long time to come over to our table. Food was bland and flavors were just ordinary. No imagination or creativity in the meal preparation. They have a variety of wines to choose from but nothing very special or leaving us wanting to go back. Our beer and wine was served warm??? Place is too noisy for upscale and menu doesn't impress! Not worth the visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Marietta, GA
“Delicious food and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

A coworker and I found this place on Yelp and decided to give it a try on a Tuesday night while in town for work. Our waiter was wonderful and helped us pick out beer to try based on what we said we liked. Very fun to try their unique craft beer selections. We both had a cup of gumbo, very good, to start. I had the Southwest chicken pasta - one of the best dishes I've ever had! Fresh ingredients, well seasoned, perfectly cooked pasta. i ended up taking half back to my hotel room and having it for dinner the next night in my room! My co worker had the seafood pasta and also enjoyed his meal. We both liked this place so much, we came back for dinner again on Thursday! Crowd was bigger, they had live music (okay), and were offering a tasting event of wine and beer. We passed on the tasting this time, but might try it in the future. My coworker had the chicken pasta this time (he LOVED it!) and I tried the chicken fried steak. Really, good, slightly spicy gravy and coating on the steak. This place is going in our rotation as we visit the area for work a couple of times a month. Loved it!

Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“First time visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Cute little bistro; extensive wine "wall" plus wine list, fairly extensive menu. Service was good with experienced, capable waiting staff - a refreshing change; meal was okay but my mashed potatoes incredibly salty. Cheese platter appetizer and sorbet dessert very good, however.
Entertainer, though, was dreadful. We had chosen Mainly Drinks so we could stay and listen to some live music on a Saturday night, but after he had performed 3 numbers we decided to leave. Disappointing. Won't be visiting again on a night he is playing.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice now. The food is very good. Entertainment is also very good. Value for the money is excellent. Very reasonably priced wine and beer. Service is very friendly, but could be a bit more attentive, but it really isn't a problem at all. My only problem was my ice cold beer was served in a room temperature glass. If the name on your place is "Mainly Drinks" you should have frosty mugs!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“go for the drinks and entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

enjoyed our evening out with friends - the entertainer was surprisingly good and we enjoyed the music. The food was okay and took a long time to be prepared. I think next time I will eat elsewhere and then go for just the drinks and music. Definitely a nice place which we need in La Porte so keep going and support it.

• Visited February 2013