“OK hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in La Porte
“OK hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Overall, this hotel was OK. The hotel has a pretty good location, close to NASA and Kemah Boardwalk. The hotel is clean, and the rooms are renovated. They have flat screen TVs, and the bathroom is large. The breakfast, however, was not good. There were a few hot items (some sausage, ham) but other than that there was nothing good. I would probably try somewhere different next time I come to The Kemah/NASA area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed there over Memorial Day Weekend 2012. It was clean, the bed and bath were fine. The common areas, lobby, gym, hallways are kept extremely hot. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because it had a gym. Staying 3 days we wanted to be able to get a little exercise while away from our regular routine. It was disappointing every piece of equipment in their gym is broken except one treadmill. They do have a hot breakfast just don't be late. It closes at 9:30 if you show up at 9:31 the lady at the front desk will grab the plate out of your hand. They have a breakfast Nazi that makes sure no one takes a bite of food after 9:30. We were in town for a music festival and didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel so for our purposes it was fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Genoa City, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was with a guest that stayed at this place and it was not what I expected for a choice hotel.
The room was clean but the lobby was dark and HOT, very uncomfortable, the hallways were warm also, the only relief we got was the ac in our room.
The "manager" was quite rude and didnt seem to have a clue about customer service. He was young and had an attitude.
Our sleep was great breakfast was being taken care of by the desk staff. I am retired from hotels and I know what requirements are for choice, they have to have their own breakfast attendant not the desk clerk. *Dont know how they get away with that) breakfast was good. But there again it was uncomfortably warm in the lobby and breakfast area. That is horrible to be dressed and fresh for the day and then step into a sauna, before you got outside.
I would have to rethink staying there again, and I plan on telling others about the stay.There are other places to stay and I think I will recommend that we stay elsewhere, especially in the hot summer months. What is it like in the colder times, No heat!!!
And our second night was bad, went back to our room after a long day and no towels and we were told they had no more available. What happened then to the towels that we had in our room? Couldn't they be washed and returned? Seems to me there is a need for new management, the staff is friendly and eager but the management doesnt seem to be. I do plan to call choice hotels corp office and complain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these La Porte hotels

Spring
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Had horrible experience with General Manager there on Friday, April 27, 2012. Was there for Purple Raceway Car Races and had reserved three rooms for family. We had reserved a month ahead of time and was quoted a certain price. When we arrived the General Manager stated that the rate quoted was not right. Needless to say we weren't happy and expressed our disappointment in not honoring Internet Price and the General Manage stated "well I can cancel your rooms". This was all done in lobby in front of other people waiting to check in. No one every said anything about cancelling the rooms, just the disagreement of the price quoted on Internet and then him stating another price. WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Enjoy my stay over here. The price was right in our ball park range. The rooms were nice and clean. The room we got was a king roomand was really cozy for husband and me. I didn't eat the breakfast, since I am a late sleeper, but did enjoy the indoor pool which was really refreshing. The hotel seemed really safe and secure, which was one of main concerns. The staff here seemed busy most of the time, but did like to talk if you are a conversation starter like me. All in all it was a good stay, and would definitely look up this place again if coming back to la porte.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I chose this particular hotel due to being near both Kemah Boardwalk and Baytown where my family lives, and in the end I am happy we did. The staff was great in helping me get to Baytown which was very close on Highway 146, where the hotel was located. Kids loved the indoor pool; it kept then busy while I got some sleep from the drive over here. The room condition was really good no complaints and there was wide selection of channels on TV (more than I get back at home). Anoter thing that I liked about this hotel is that they are NOT pet friendly, which is good for people who are allergic to pet hair and what not. The breakfast was decent, it had all you could ask for and then some, coffee and a muffin just does for me in the morning. At night we were recommeded a good mexican resturant (wish I remembered name), by the staff and was good way to catch up with the family. Only thing that got wrong was when we go to Kemah it started to rain, and had to go the next day on Sunday. I would recommend this hotel especially for families that are on a budget.

Room Tip: NOT pet friendly, which is good for people who are allergic to pet hair and what not. So don't b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
P.A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Rooms were excellent, which was very important. Definitely I will go back because of the excellent room condition. Front desk employee is excellent as well. Only complain is they do not turn on the chandelier light ( even though it is dark or night time) which they have in Lobby and also they turn on the front desk light after the customer walks in the lobby. I am sure the lobby will look so beautiful just by turning the chandelier light on. Also at breakfast bar they do not have anything of enough. It seems like you are getting the last piece of that item or they hardly fill up the item, anytime you go at the breakfast bar it seems you are late and nothing is left for you. I also notice few guest complain about this. It seems owner is " Stingy"
Again definitely I will go back because of excellent room condition and newer hotel itself, and excellent front desk person.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!