“Wish I could give a 2.5 star rating...” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1105 Highway 146 South, La Porte, TX 77571   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in La Porte
Dallas, TX
“Wish I could give a 2.5 star rating...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We decided to take a last minute trip to the area, and just needed a one night stay. This was a pretty good deal on Hotwire, but of course I didn't know which hotel it was beforehand to do any research on TripAdvisor. For the price, it was ok, and we spent almost no time at the hotel (just slept there) so no big deal, i guess. The room looked like it had had some updates in the last few years, but not really good or thorough updates. The bathroom tile grout had mildew, and we did see a bug or two. The bed seemed comfortable at first, but I couldn't stay comfortable, and woke with with a sore back. One odd thing was that the room had three of the same picture on the walls; I think that is probably pretty indicative of the level of attention they are paying to the details around here. There is a breakfast included, which was good for us; definitely not luxurious or decadent, but it sufficed.
The neighborhood is business/industrial, fyi, not like it is near the beach at all.
I probably won't stay here again. There are much nicer places nearby for similar rates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We spent 3 nights and every one of them were better than expected. The location is perfect for site seeing, dining and entertainment. We were there for National Tournament Men's Amateur Bowling Travel League. We'll definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here March 31, 2012 for one night. It was a decent stay for one night. The rooms do have a swampy smell. But I wonder if that is pretty common for places here because the humidity is through the roof! I’m not use to that since I’m from Colorado, but figured maybe that was what I was smelling.?? I hope it wasn’t due to mildew as I know that can be really bad for people and allergies. The AC was a bit noisy and raddled quit a bit. Not too much of a problem for me because I always sleep with ear plugs while in hotels. The beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was clean, but cold even for my Colorado cold blood! We swam anyway and a lot of people looked at us like we were crazy. Probably southerners that are use to warm water? Anyway it’s only a couple miles from Sylvan beach park and we also went there to go swimming in the dirty looking water. We had a lot of fun at the beach regardless of the looks of the water. We are not use to the heat in Texas, so in the water was the place for us! The room also had a microwave, mini fridge, table, chairs, and small flat screen tv. Everything you need really. Nothing special, but I got it dirt cheap with a bid. The continental breakfast was toast, muffins, Danish, coffee, juices, cereal, boiled eggs and you could make yourself waffles. I wish they had more fruit available. All they had were some dark apples that didn’t look very good to me. Not a bad place for a short stay, but they really should replace their AC units and find out what’s causing the swampy smell.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is an older hotel and all the doors are located on the outside. Upon arriving, our room smelled of a dirty wet dog. Lady at front desk said all the rooms are pet friendly. Looked at another room and it smelled very musty. After getting deordorizers going for several hours, we could tolerate the room. Beds were comfortable, but there were dead bugs in the room and I found live spiders in the morning. Not a very clean place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these La Porte hotels

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed 8 nights at this La Quinta and was very dissatified with housekeeping. You only get two cleaning times if you stay more than a week. We checked in on weds. so we choose Fri and mon., Friday the housekeeping stay woke us up and we recieved no service, Monday we waited in lobby and the bed was the only thing cleaned, Tables and bathroom was not wiped down or cleaned, no vacuuming the place was starting to become a pig sty with 3 small children and beach hopping. The outside of the facility was not much better you could see where guests had taken the continental breakfast back to their rooms dripping syrup, coffee and everything else and not one time did it get cleaned up. the stairs were so sticky my daughter fell when her sandal got stuck. I fell in the lobby on the wet tile probably from pool guests using restroom. You could see the front desk staff mopping after breakfast and the pile of dirt mopped into corners and by the door. Dirty, Dirty location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I had a great experience staying here. The staff was very helpful and always available. It didn't seem like he even slept, I saw him around day and night, and when I needed to leave early at 4am and get a refund for the rest of my planned stay (Do to heat stroke and jelly fish bite, not because of the hotel in any way) he was very helpful and understanding. The room was very clean and pleasant, as was the pool, plus the only place around that let my dog stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
La Porte, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel a quite a few times. The last time I stayed was over 4 months. Had a laptop stolen, jewelry stolen. And when reported to front desk. They said the would contact Risk Management. Gave the front desk copies from La Porte Police department. When contacted by risk management. They kindly reminded me of the "Not responsible for items left in room." Well when you are working 7 days a week 12 to 16 hours a day. Staying out of town.... Are you supposed to take all your items to work? They do allow pets to be here. The rooms do smell like the mildew that everyone is speaking of. But if you stay there for a while.... You will hardly notice it. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance of the motel. A bar across the road for those who would like to go out after coming in from work.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte? Share your experiences!