“Nice hotel but poor management” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in La Grange
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel but poor management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The hotel is new so the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was your average hotel breakfast but the staff did a good job with keeping up with the morning rush. The main problem I had was with my billing after we checked out. I was sharing a room with a friend and when we got to the hotel we switched from a Queen room to a Double Queen room. The front desk was very accommodating with our request and informed us there would be an additional $10 charge for the larger room which my friend agreed to pay. The day after we checked out we discovered that not only had I been charged for two rooms when we only stayed in one but my friend had been charged for a room as well. In total we were charged $323 when we should have been charged $95! We were told that the front desk had made a mistake and the manager would have to come in to correct it. The manager told us that she would correct the problem and give us a call back. After waiting a day we called the hotel back and were told that the manager was now on vacation so the assistant manager would have to fix it. It has now been over a week and the money has still not been credited back to us. I know changing room types might have confused them but in the end it was up to the managers to fix it based on Hampton Inn's 100% satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
dallas, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

The hotel is very clean and the beds were comfortable with a down comforter and pillow top mattress. It was about the only place in town where you can get a good cell phone and laptop signal. The showers are larger than a normal hotel with great water pressure. The hotel is located close to the main part of town. The breakfast buffet has several options and looked fresh. They alter some of the egg, biscuit and meat options from day to day, which was nice. Fresh waffles were a very nice touch. The workout room was clean as well with several cardio machine options. This hotel is the best option compared to others in town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

A nice new version of Hampton Inn. I like the new design a lot. Super clean and comfortable with a nice free breakfast in the mornings but I would drive a couple hundred yards to the North and get a Kolache from Weikels Bakery. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pricing was a bit high for a Hampton.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel is clean, and comfortable. The double room was large and had all the necessary and expected amenities of a hotel in this price range. The breakfast was good, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee, etc. Nothing fancy, but what you need to get the day started. The beds are OK, a bit harder than I prefer, but my friend stated her bed was perfect. And, if you like firm pillows (like me) than bring your own. There was wifi in the lobby, but I did not get a chance to try it in my room. The TV was good, and the bathroom was clean.
I would stay here again, and I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

Great newer hotel property in La Grange, Texas. While La Grange does not have a ton to offer business travelers, it does have this lodging gem. The General Manager (and owner, I think), Bhavna, has the service personality of a B&B owner instead of a hotel chain operator. The hotel was clean and quiet, which is what this business traveler looks for wherever he travels.

• Stayed June 2011
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was very comfortable, I felt safe, and the bed was soooo comfortable! Especially impressive since I had stayed in a Four Seasons the night prior, and this bed was just as comfortable! It's also a new building, so the amenities are nice. The pool didn't look amazing, but I only peeked my head in. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

This is a brand new Hampton Inn. I only stayed one night, but everything was comfortable and satisfactory. The breakfast included hot items (eggs and ham, biscuits, waffles) and the standard fare. The staff were helpful. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn La Grange? Share your experiences!