“Best BBQ I've had in Texas” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 61 restaurants in Kyle
Cuisines: Barbecue
Chicago, Illinois
“Best BBQ I've had in Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've had Milt's twice while visiting San Marcos. Once at the restaurant and once catered and both were amazing! The brisket is hands down the best I've ever had and the sausage is amazing too. Milt's even created a potato salad that I like, that's a first. I actually like Milt's better than the BBQ I had in Lockhart. I will definitely keep enjoying Milt's on future visits.

• Visited October 2012

90% Recommend
KYLE
“YUMMY B'QUE 'DIVE' in Kyle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Found this right in our 'own backyard' (so-to-speak!). We reside in TX. & have travelled endless miles to go to many b'que restaurants (a 'biggie' for us Texans!). As you might imagine..barbecue is big in Texas so we'll travel far & wide to find the delectable meats. Come to find out...we have one of the best (& convenient) restaurants for 'yummy' barbecue right here in Kyle, Texas. Its a family run establishment & has meat by the pound or you can just buy a sandwich. Theres 'take-out' as well. Many people (incl. locals) stop by & pick-up that 'special' meal enroute home from work. We just stop by & 'veg-out' in this casual, relaxed setting. The people there are very friendly & helpful. However, I noticed (just last week) that it looks like 'Milt's' is moving to the center of Kyle (on Center Street). A new sign is now 'up'! I guess they want to be more visible. I'm guessing the restaurant will be a bit larger, it appears! We'll be one of the first people to partake of this tasty food/s. Its very family friendly as well. The old 'Milts' used to sell handmade tamales just outside of their old restaurant (good to take-out). I'm hoping they will still offer tamales at the new location!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay
“THE BEST BBQ we had in Texas!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The hotel staff recommended Milt's for a "hole in the wall" experience! Quaint and fun! True local place.
We even ordered extra BBQ Brisket and gorged!
DO not waste time on the potatoe salad - go directly to the BRISKET!!!
Coleslaw was pretty good.
Peach cobbler was very good too!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas, USA
“Great BBQ in Kyle--closer than Salt Lick or Lockhart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've lived within 6-8 miles of Milt's for years and was only vaguely aware of it as a small, hole-in-the-wall BBQ place on the IH-35 access road south of Kyle Parkway. Then someone told me I should try it, that it was better than Salt Lick! I'm not sure I'd agree (I really like Salt Lick), but it's better than any other BBQ restaurant in the Kyle area. I'll go back for excellent brisket, great turkey, and better-than-average peach cobbler. Recommend carry-out, since 'atmosphere' consists of order and pick-up windows, picnic tables, and a wonderful smell.

• Visited May 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Rustic with great food and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

Well worth stopping and we have a plate of food to take home with us too!

• 4 of 5 stars Food