“I just love this place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 93 Restaurants in Kingwood
Lumberton, Texas
“I just love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food is almost always good here. This trip my chicken was a little dry, but had good flavor. Our waitress said that the portions were small, but they were still big enough that I couldn't eat it all! We would definitely eat here again when in the area.

Visited May 2014

Kingwood, Texas
“Good ole reliable Cracker Barrel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was our first time eating at our neighborhood Cracker Barrel since moving to Texas. We were pleased to find that this location met our expectations for the standard Cracker Barrel menu, service and atmosphere. Though I have read other reviews for this location stating that it was going down hill from what it used to be....we didn't see it. The food was great, the service was attentive, though our waitress was busy. The restaurant was clean, the store was well merchandised and the restrooms were stocked and clean...couldn't ask for more.
It was just your standard home cooking Cracker Barrel and we will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“OK food, variable service quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Quite decent country food, however the service could be quite variable, I visited it two days in a row (my only other practical option was Taco Bell) and the first day the service was quit impersonal and slow, even though I ordered the special of the day, the following day the service was better but overall I would rate the experience just average.

Visited December 2013
Central Louisiana
“Good meal served quickly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Ate here with family after Thanksgiving day on Saturday. Busy afternoon but meal came quickly and was very good. Waiter was average. Would return as food was very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingwood, Texas
“Been going downhill for about a year”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Cracker Barrel in general and particularly this location has been one of the restaurants that my wife and I visit frequently. We have noticed over the last year that this location seems to have been sliding backwards on the quality and service scale for about a year.

Last night, we visited this location with out of town guests. The restaurant was not crowded. The service was slow and inattentive to frequently non existent. It was 45 minutes before our orders were taken and our drinks arrived and this was only after I prompted the floor manager to do something. When our food was finally served, it was cold, the order was incorrect and the overall quality was poor.

• Visited November 2013