“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Waco, Texas
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We heard that the BBQ was fantastic but we were disappointed. It was pricey and not flavorful. I paid extra for BBQ sauce but what we got was more like a salsa. The building was nice and fancy next time I think we will try a place that's not so fancy but looks and smells a little smokey with the BBQ aroma!

Visited August 2013

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Dont go if you are in a hurry..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The service is sooooooo slow. Its not even that good. If it was better food I wouldn't mind waiting so long.

Visited June 2013
Brownsville, Texas
“New Location: corner of expressway 77 and King. The former Gem's.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great BBQ Poor Boy. Gotta try it. Could be a little more generous with the side serving of pinto beans but otherwise very good. Took the old Gem's restaurant and remodeled it. Very nice. Highly recommend passing up the fast food joints and stopping in for a great BBQ sandwich, hamburger, or steak.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Quality Food at Competitive Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I travel extensively for business and as a result am a frequent patron to restaurants on my journeys.
Always on the look out for good quality private establishments, I found one here!
Portions are good, texture and flavour of the food is what one would expect from a good indie restaurant. Frequented by locals (obviously due to the good food), the staff and patrons are friendly and the place has an overall good feel to it.
Recommended Big House BBQ to some contractors I was working with while on a project in the area and they came to me the next day telling me that it was good !!! Rare to have someone come back to you and say "that was a good find"
Since I ate there more than once their BBQ and braved their 'Drum Fish' (fish being something that I wouldn't necessarily consider ordering from a BBQ House) - both were good - their salads are very large.
If you are in town - this is one of the places to go for dinner.

• Visited January 2013