“Hotel review downgrade” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Killeen
Live Oak
“Hotel review downgrade”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My initial review of this place was "decent". My last stay here changed my opinion. I encountered a different person working the front desk this time who put me in a room with no heat. Turns out he forgot to flip the switch in the lobby so he sends me back up to test the heat after supposedly turning it on. Still no heat so he puts me in another room. The bedcover smelled badly and someone, (a drunken hotel resident) attempted to enter my room at 3 a.m. That's right, someone else's key worked in my door! The door was latched but to be shocked out of my own slumber by someone coming into my room is unnaceptable. I didn't mention it to the management.. thought I would just post here instead.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fort Hood, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Ok you know a hotel is bad, when you are sitting in it writing the review!! The room was so hot when we walked in that it was cooler outside. And since it is 94 outside you can guess what it is like in here. My husband went to take a shower and there is hair all over the bathtub. And after getting it rinsed he showered only to find that there was a ton of hair in his towl!! And im not sure who did the decerating to this place, but they really need a clue. The tv is sitting in front of one bed, you cant even see it from the second bed. The fist sized hole in the back of the bathroom door is just another thing that shows that this place doesnt care about the quialty of their place. And finally, i went up to the desk to ask for another pillow due to the fact that the one i have is flat as a rock, and low and behold, they dont have any extra pillows. Really? What hotel does not have extra pillows? The only good thing about this place is that the staff person on duty was nice enough. But the fact that she didnt speak real great english made it hard. So really my advice to you.....spend the little extra money and go to a nicer place. This place is awful!!!! I will never bring my family back to this place!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Branford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Dirty towels in room.Got a new set and still had a clump of hair on it and the also had large holes. I found dead Roaches in my bath room and the room smelled like mold. I had a no smokeing room and the blankets had 1 inch burn marks. There is mold on the bath room wall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I kept getting locked out of both the rooms I booked, the front desk personnel don't speak good english, they stare at your rudely when you come for the free breakfast (that is supposed to be part of the package u pay for). They charged my cc after I paid in full in cash and it took them 2 days to figure out that they did that. The rooms are not clean, I didn't even see housekeeping until the day I left. Even the pool looks digusting. Low rates-u get what u pay for. Crack heads may like it, but, it is not a pleasant place to spend the night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
killeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Please don't go to this hotel. Worst place on earth. The guy from the dirtest jobs on the discovery channel needs to come and have a tv special dirtiest hotels. The room when you walked in smelled like urine (120) the mattress had urine and blood with food. the bath tub was dirty and the toliet had a ring around it. I change room asap. look at the pics i posted. The night life is drug use and prostitutions.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

do not recommend this hotel, pool was dirty couldn't swim, was locked in could not cancel,cigarette holes in bedspread and blanket,fan in bathroon so loud you could hear it outside,toilet seat so loose it move when you sat on it,told clerks said housekeeping would take care of it nothing ever done, no ironing board or iron in room as advertised.
Think the hotel should have paid us to stay there! not worth 50.99 a night
sincerely Susan Moya

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reedsville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

Don't understand why a hotel would let you check in if the room wasn't ready! Walked into the room and the beds were made perfectly but there was mud throughout the whole room, the carpet boarder along one whole wall was laying on the floor and the bathroom faucet could be picked up about one foot from the countertop. It was the most disgusting place I have ever seen. I demanded a refund and told them that we could not stay here due to all of the items listed above. They had no problems with the refund but I will never recommend this Hotel to anyone. My daughter actually gaged wondering what was under the covers if the rest of the room looked like this. This gave us a bad taste!!

Ellen from Wisconsin

• Stayed March 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Killeen? Share your experiences!