“Great for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Killeen
Portland
“Great for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed for work and was a great hotel with updated furnishings. My favorite area was the sun room where I could relax and read my book. Has a nice pool area, although I did not use it. If you are going to stay long term I would recommend the kitchen rooms. The stove and full refrigerator came in very handy for my week stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear littlegreentruck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you like our very spacious rooms and kitchenette suites. I hope that next time you are in the Killeen area, you choose Shilo Inns. Happy New Year!

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Needed a central pet friendly place for us to meet, we were traveling from Ft Worth, Austin and San Angelo to celebrate Christimas, we picked the Shilo Inn Killeen and what a find! We had three rooms, two had a kitchenette and the third a full kitchen! Clean hugh rooms! They were great, but the staff was even better, everyone of the staff we spoke to were friendly, helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear richthetinman,

We look forward to seeing you and your furry family member again soon. Happy Holidays!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We needed a place to stay last minute, and Shilo seems the best place Killeen had to offer. I am superrrrr picky, and I was not disappointed! The room was HUGE, had a kitchenette, was clean, and they are even pet friendly!!! We had 2 extra kids w us, making a total of 4, and there was more than enough room for everyone to sleep comfortably! The clerk at the desk who checked us in, Jasmin, was amazing! She was friendly, efficient, got me a room on the first floor when I asked, and we even got a coupon for a bar drink! WHAT??!! Oh, and the beds are sooooo comfy!! Like seriously! AMAZEBALLZ!!

Room Tip: If you're a barfly, ask for a room downstairs. LOL. And get to the barista earllllly!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Antoinette G,

You should win a prize for the most spirited review placed on TripAdvisor! Thank you very much, Jasmin is an exceptional staff member and we thank you for recognizing her as a great employee and for taking the time to place your review here.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'd like to compliment the entire staff of the Shilo Inn in Killeen, Texas. I was there on business for almost a week and the experience turned out to be much better than expected. The layout of the room was just perfect. I rather enjoyed the kitchen which included standard sized appliances, pots, pans, utensils, silverware, plates, glasses, etc. There was even enough seating at the side table and kitchen bar to accommodate five people comfortably. It was fantastic to have an indoor pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi all in the same hotel. Best if all was the fact that the staff was so helpful and welcoming. I plan to stay there again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Room with a kitchen is a plus.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Allie O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor. Our Killeen location is perfect for the extended stay guest as you noticed. I hope that when you are in Killeen again, you choose Shilo Inns.

Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon in February, and multiple occasions afterward, even a 'just because' mini escape. The staff was beyond friendly, very welcoming, and above all, professional. The lobby already sets the mood of feeling at home while pampered. Every time we get to our rooms, it's an instant wow-factor moment, and this is the only hotel we could both instantly settle into, and we're both very picky when it comes to cleanliness and accommodation. I've had a couple of friends work at The Mark before, and have all suggested their brunches and specials, and rightly so! We were able to attend a wine dinner event on our first night of staying there, and the experience was an unforgettable one. Such enthusiasm and class. If at all possible, I HIGHLY encourage going to one. The food is always excellent, the patrons who come for their events are fabulous, and the service is always just what you'd want from a fine hotel. Never noisy, and always just how you like it. Great bathrooms too, and that's almost always a horror story elsewhere. Elegant lighting, nice choice in design and materials..you definitely feel like an honored guest there! I would never stay anywhere else in the Killeen area. I definitely refer this place to anyone who asks! Great job! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Naomi G,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoy your time here in the restaurant and our hotel. It looks like you have another anniversary coming up and I hope you choose Shilo Inns for your special evening.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here during the Austin Formula 1 race in August 2012. It was the closest hotel we could find that wasn't priced crazy because of the race. When we checked in, we were given an upgrade for no real reason. The room we ended up in was on the 3rd floor. It has a full kitchen, king bed, and clean bathroom. The hotel was very busy that weekend but our room was quite. Housekeeping did a fine job. The continental breakfast was fair. It included a waffle maker and some hot items. The breakfast nook was busy on all mornings we were there and a bit small for the number of guests. A couple of times we had to wait for more coffee to be made. We didn't eat in the attached restaurant. In all, it was a fine place to sleep and shower, which are really the most important parts of the hotel stay for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Scotchgrrl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your observations about Shilo Inn Killeen. The new Formula 1 track is an exciting addition to Central Texas and for you having the opportunity to attend its very first event I am sure was exciting also. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and I hope you have to opportunity to visit us again.

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I like this hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the in-room kitchen is very clean and modern. The only complaint I have is that breakfast is chaos because the breakfast buffet area is very small and people are running into each other to get food. The TV in the breakfast area is too loud. Also, I asked for a specific room when I made my reservation but that room was not noted on my reservation when I checked in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear sylcladee1,

Thank you very much for your comments. Yes, sometimes our barista area does get busy. I will talk with the barista personnel about the TV Volume. Sometimes guests turn it up to hear a little better but we will ensure we monitor it a bit closer.

Troy Summerill

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen? Share your experiences!