“Excellent experience at the Shilo” 5 of 5 stars

Save 15% Now!
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Killeen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Excellent experience at the Shilo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'd like to compliment the entire staff of the Shilo Inn in Killeen, Texas. I was there on business for almost a week and the experience turned out to be much better than expected. The layout of the room was just perfect. I rather enjoyed the kitchen which included standard sized appliances, pots, pans, utensils, silverware, plates, glasses, etc. There was even enough seating at the side table and kitchen bar to accommodate five people comfortably. It was fantastic to have an indoor pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi all in the same hotel. Best if all was the fact that the staff was so helpful and welcoming. I plan to stay there again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Room with a kitchen is a plus.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Allie O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor. Our Killeen location is perfect for the extended stay guest as you noticed. I hope that when you are in Killeen again, you choose Shilo Inns.

Troy Summerill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon in February, and multiple occasions afterward, even a 'just because' mini escape. The staff was beyond friendly, very welcoming, and above all, professional. The lobby already sets the mood of feeling at home while pampered. Every time we get to our rooms, it's an instant wow-factor moment, and this is the only hotel we could both instantly settle into, and we're both very picky when it comes to cleanliness and accommodation. I've had a couple of friends work at The Mark before, and have all suggested their brunches and specials, and rightly so! We were able to attend a wine dinner event on our first night of staying there, and the experience was an unforgettable one. Such enthusiasm and class. If at all possible, I HIGHLY encourage going to one. The food is always excellent, the patrons who come for their events are fabulous, and the service is always just what you'd want from a fine hotel. Never noisy, and always just how you like it. Great bathrooms too, and that's almost always a horror story elsewhere. Elegant lighting, nice choice in design and materials..you definitely feel like an honored guest there! I would never stay anywhere else in the Killeen area. I definitely refer this place to anyone who asks! Great job! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Naomi G,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoy your time here in the restaurant and our hotel. It looks like you have another anniversary coming up and I hope you choose Shilo Inns for your special evening.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here during the Austin Formula 1 race in August 2012. It was the closest hotel we could find that wasn't priced crazy because of the race. When we checked in, we were given an upgrade for no real reason. The room we ended up in was on the 3rd floor. It has a full kitchen, king bed, and clean bathroom. The hotel was very busy that weekend but our room was quite. Housekeeping did a fine job. The continental breakfast was fair. It included a waffle maker and some hot items. The breakfast nook was busy on all mornings we were there and a bit small for the number of guests. A couple of times we had to wait for more coffee to be made. We didn't eat in the attached restaurant. In all, it was a fine place to sleep and shower, which are really the most important parts of the hotel stay for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Scotchgrrl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your observations about Shilo Inn Killeen. The new Formula 1 track is an exciting addition to Central Texas and for you having the opportunity to attend its very first event I am sure was exciting also. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and I hope you have to opportunity to visit us again.

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I like this hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the in-room kitchen is very clean and modern. The only complaint I have is that breakfast is chaos because the breakfast buffet area is very small and people are running into each other to get food. The TV in the breakfast area is too loud. Also, I asked for a specific room when I made my reservation but that room was not noted on my reservation when I checked in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear sylcladee1,

Thank you very much for your comments. Yes, sometimes our barista area does get busy. I will talk with the barista personnel about the TV Volume. Sometimes guests turn it up to hear a little better but we will ensure we monitor it a bit closer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

great big rooms. good Government rate. eggs for breakfast. close to most of Killeen. espresso barista Virginia works Thursdays and she easily replaces Starbucks. She raided the kitchen to find my heavy whipping cream. She deserves a raise. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear crossfit_mike,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our many outstanding stars of our property. We are very proud of our Killeen location and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Shilo is the best hotel in Killeen to my family. Every time I come I wanna stay here. The waffles and biscuits are delicouis. The work out room is phenomenal. Also the rooms are large and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Lakesha W,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are so glad that your family can feel at home with us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Shilo Inn twice before and both times were incredible. The rooms are very lardge and accomadating. They have a separate area for dining and television and the bed is very large and comfortable. The other suites have a full kitchen with a microwave, stove, oven and dishwasher! The hotel has an indoor swimming pool and a hot tub outside! There is FREE parking!! And the hotel has a restaurant called The Mark. It has THE BEST brunch I have ever had. Complimentary mimosas and an omelette station! In the evenings, (on weekdays), there is a happy hour with half off select appetizers and drinks. There is a complimentary continental breakfast, too. There is even a shuttle to take you back and forth to the airport, if needed. The Shilo Inn is a romantic place, but it is family friendly, too. I love it and will stay NOWHERE else when I am in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fai L,

Thank you very much for the review. We are very proud of our Shilo Inn Killeen and we hope to see you again very soon!

Troy Summerill

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen? Share your experiences!