“A slightly older hotel, extremely close to Ft. Hood.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Killeen
Flint, Michigan
“A slightly older hotel, extremely close to Ft. Hood.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

While traveling across the US, I only stay at Marriott properties. This particular hotel is decent, with comfortable accommodations. The isn't a lot of flair with this particular hotel, but the mattresses and linens a new, the furniture purchased within the last decade, and rooms are fairly spacious. The tv is the old CRT, and in need of updating. Moreover, there is no room service, and the surrounding area of Killeen areas slightly sketchy.

Would I recommend it for short stays if your business is on Ft. Hood...sure.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here with my fiance during a military school he was attending. Breakfast was hearty with close attention by the attendent. Yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, english muffins, bagels, and muffins were there. I was able to concoct a healthy breakfast with this along with cereal and juices. Waffles were included. The room we had was a suite and wonderful and new. A refrigerator and microwave made it easy to keep healthy food. Our rate was $77. Overall, I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you are a Marriott Elite member as they will upgrade you free.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Barboursville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Fairfield Inn in Killeen is a decent place for work travel. I stayed for a week and the staff was always friendly and the room was always clean. Breakfast was decent, with plenty of selection. The staff working breakfast even brought you napkins at your seat. She truly enjoyed her job. The fitness center isn't that great but you can go to a local gym for free, nice deal! The beds are low to the floor.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Austin TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed her for a quick one-night stay. We had a very positive experience. It's easy to find right off the highway. The rooms although on the smaller side had a very nice bathroom. The room also included a microwave, fridge, and tv (w/lots of channels). The breakfast was nicely managed and stocked.

We happened to stumble upon a Manager's special rate which made upgrading to this hotel a nice treat. We would stay here again if visiting the Killeen/Ft. Hood area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here with my two young daughters and husband. The room was comfortable, clean and had all we needed. The breakfast had a nice array of options and even a high chair for our youngest. Fitness center had cardio only, but it was nice because we were the only ones that used it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The Fairfield is centrally located in Killeen, TX. The rooms are spacious, clean, and bright with a great orange/green theme. The bed was comfy, the bathroom large with lots of counter space, and overall very quiet. Liked the complimentary breakfast in the morning. I did order room service, but it was a bit cumbersome as it wasn't part of the hotel and was a 3rd party. Didn't like that I had to pay up front, would have been more convenient to just add to my room charge. But the food was delicious. Shopping center was just a couple miles away with major big box stores for convenience.

Room Tip: King Suite was very spacious. Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed 11 nights in this Hotel for Business. I was a little concerned after my last trip down in Indiana and a Marriott Courtyard. But this place was very nice for a Fairfield. I asked Chelsea (Front Desk Clerk) if this was a newly built hotel. She replied that it was not, however they had just finished remodeling it. "They totally gutted this hotel out and renovated" she said. That explained the newness and this hotel is as expected from a Marriott Chain. The check-In process was smooth and quick. My King Bed Room was clean, cool (Check-In Day was 105 degrees) and roomy enough. Chelsea was also nice in providing me all the answers to my questions such as what time the FREE BKFST was served. My room had a micro-fridge also which I put to the test during my long stay. I usually stay at the Residence Inn for these lengthy trips. But I think they go fast in this area due to all the Soldiers in motion around Ft. Hood. The exercise room is a little warm for my taste (no fan or A/C controlled) and only has 1 Treadmill, Stair machine and during the last day of my stay they added a Elliptical. Adding a small dumbbell set would have completed my routine. But of course a free membership to the local gym is provided. I uploaded some photos. As usual I have a video of the room on my youtube channel. A special thanks to Julia and the housekeeping staff for cleaning my room.

Pros:
- FREE continental breakfast (Enough for me, but not a large selection)
- FREE WIFI Internet (But very very slow!) My smartphone was faster at peak times.
- Newly renovated
- Same day dry cleaning and laundry available

Cons:
- Fitness area (Only cardio, no free weight or dumb bells)
- Jacuzzi & pool are outside
- Mattresses are a little too firm (for me)

RetiredArmyRanger
Marriott Silver Rewards Member

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor and walk the stairs!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Killeen? Share your experiences!