“Customer Satisfaction at its Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amco Hotel and Suites

You added Amco Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Amco Hotel and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   404 S Fort Hood St., Killeen, TX 76541 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Killeen
Tampa, Florida
“Customer Satisfaction at its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

My family and I had been traveling for hours and we needed some place to rest. We checked into the Comfort Suites in Killeen, but they were booked. The lady at the front desk recommended we stay at the Quality Inn and suites nearby, so we drove there. Upon staying at the Quality Inn and suites, my wife and I were overwhelmed by the reasonable pricing and kindness. We stayed at a two bedroom suite that was spacious enough for our family. We stayed there for one night and our stay was great.

• Liked — The customer satisfaction
  • Disliked — the location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

Basic two-bedroom hotel room.

Heating and air-conditioning worked fine.

The beds were sufficiently comfortable - the bedding was "okay".

The tub never drained properly and I stood in six inches of water while trying to take my shower. I have to believe the housekeeper experienced the same when trying to clean it.

The Internet access was substandard. The wireless connection was always "low" and the Ethernet connection was not readily available on a regular basis - and the location of the outlet was in an inconvenient location.

I did not bother to try out the breakfast after experiencing the room, but wish I had after visiting the lobby when I was checking out and noticed the atmosphere was warm and inviting.

In the future, I will make plans to stay at the new Holiday Inn as recommended by my co-workers who reside in the local area.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — The overall quality.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

We had an excellent stay. The room we stayed in "King bed with sleeper sofa", was huge. This hotel was best price for what we got of all hotels we have stayed at while visiting our son at Ft. Hood. It is small hotel and fills up fast so be alert. The only complaint about motel is AC is louder than most ever other hotel I have ever stayed in so if AC noise bothers you then do not stay, but I like AC noise as it drowns out any outside noise that might keep you awake. However I had to turn AC off to hear TV. The staff were excellent, even when we made extra requests at 1 am in morning. I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The size of room for price
  • Disliked — Loud AC
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

The Quality Inn & Suites located in Killeen, Tx is by far the best hotel that I have stayed in. The service was great and the employees were friendly. The room rates were reasonably priced and the rooms were large and clean. The motel is located just minutes away from Ft. Hood gate and many of the several restaurants, which is a plus point. If anyone goes by there make sure you stay in the suites.

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2006

The Quality Inn & Suites has nice large rooms and the staff was cordial and helpful. The hotel is not in the best part of town. I routinely ran into folks pan handling at a convenience store just down the street.

The hotel also needs to improve its housekeeping service. The bath tub had hair in it from previous guests when I checked in.

It is close to Fort Hood and the airport which is nice, but I think I will try somewhere else on my next stay.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Been to Amco Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!