“Wonderful staff and great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mark Restaurant

The Mark Restaurant
3701 South WS Young Drive, Killeen, TX 76542 (Formerly Shilo Restaurant)
(254) 247-3135
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Placentia, California
“Wonderful staff and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We celebrated my mom's 80th birthday here. The staff was fabulous and did an amazing job decorating the tables. The food was fabulous and services excellent. The you for making my mom birthday so special.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
kyle
“poor food stations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

On Mothers Day we took our Mother who lives in Kileen to your Mothers Day lunch. I was very dissappointed. When we got there at 12:00 we were gereted by a friendly hostess and promptly seated and greeted by our server. We started with the appetizer station which was disarayed and food was on the cloth and very messy. We then strarted on vegetables which were not very many in the server. It was cold. The meat station was okay but to our dismay the desserts were very messey. I know you all had a lot of people there but someone should be at the stations to keep it nice and be sure there is enough. food.For the price we paid $98.00 we were terribly disappopinted. Jimmie Del Killpatrick Kyle Texas

Temple, Tx
“Worst buffet I ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

I had heard good things about the buffet at the Shilo Inn in Killeen, so I thought I would give it a try for Thanksgiving. Oh was that a big mistake. I had reservation for two at 3:15 pm and I was paying my bill by 4 pm. The chaffing pans were practically empty when we visited the buffet line. I thought they just needed some time to replenish the chaffers, so I returned to my seat and attempted to eat what I could scrape from the chaffers. The food that I did get was dried out like it had been sitting there all day. I returned to the buffet line but there had been no change still no food. So we decided to try dessert, surely that had to be better. Not exactly. They were definitely homemade and not in a good way. It looked like the staff, not the kitchen staff, got together and had a bake off. When I received my $62 bill for this horrible meal I decided to share my disappointment with management. The manager practically called me a liar when I told him about the conditions of the chaffers and the food that was in it. He told me that I ate the food and there was nothing he could do. He even walked away during the conversation.

Where's the customer service? Are they not concerned with guest satisfaction?

Rochester, New York
“Best Place to Eat and Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Had dinner there when my son returned from Iraq. Very accommodating and the food was very good, especially the steak. Have a quiet bar with booths and reasonable bar food. The rooms are gorgeous and I am sorry I am not going back there since he moved. Great place, try it!!