Spent Labor Day weekend here because wanted an easy, inexpensive getaway. The three pools and expansive grounds helped make my decision. We had a renovated room (I think the groupon folks are getting the older rooms...sorry!) with a small patio and we thoroughly loved our room. The green color scheme was very nice/different and the wood ceiling and rock wall gave it that Texas feel I like so much. We had a nice seating area inside the room which we used a lot. The pools made the experience. The large main pool did attract a lot of people and though the crowd was generally well behaved, I agree with a previous reviewer that sometimes folks have to be reminded that we all have a right to enjoy a property's amenities. The small rock pool was gorgeous if not a little cool. We really liked the Guadalupe River pool....it was warmer and not as many people there. We could swim and read without being disturbed. While I enjoyed my little patio as I drank coffee and watched a hawk stalking prey, there were numerous areas for people to meet outside and talk, so it was a good place for folks travelling together. The breakfast was better than average for a free continental, with lots of fresh fruits, breads, cereals, juices and pastries. You can upgrade to the bigger breakfast for a few dollars more but we were content with what came with the room. The cantina bar was convenient and we used it a lot. Kerrville is a very pleasant place but is obviously a place where people work and live. It's not Fredricksburg...but Kerrville has that beautiful river! Comfort has some nice shopping close by and we visited the bat tunnel outside of Comfort Sunday night. Very worth the 30 min drive. Again, if you want a good Texas experience, this was a great choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 166 rooms, With native stone architecture and proximity to the beautiful Guadalupe River, the Inn of the Hills is the landmark resort for the Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Inn of the Hills Resort & Conference reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Hills Hotel Kerrville
- Inn Of The Hills Resort And Conference
- Hotel Of The Hills Conference