“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Kerrville
Wilmington, Delaware
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The motel itself was probably built in the 80s, or maybe the 70s and is showing its age somewhat, but is very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only quibbles were with things that come with a 30+ year old facility...shower head at chest level, with water that would run icy cold for a few seconds if the guy next door turned his shower on, or turn scalding hot if the guy on the other side flushed his toilet. They have a laundry room, but I had to go out to buy detergent. Finally, several times (I stayed for 10 days) I returned to my room at 3:00 PM or later and my room hadn't been made up yet, so I had to go back out for a while. Again, for the price, none of this was upsetting or should be disqualifying. Overall, I'd say it represents pretty good value for money. Would I stay again? Definitely. Will I stay again? Not sure.

Room Tip: The inside courtyard-access rooms - next to the pool area - are, I think, quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
AmerHost, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Kerrville, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your review. Yes we are an older hotel. Super 8 took this property about 4 years ago and brought it back. We are continually trying to improve on the rooms. Thank you for pointing out some of the issues we can be looking into.
I do hope you come and stay with us again when you are visiting the Hill Country.
Tammy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

OK stay but about $40 overpriced for what is offered. Had a non-smoking room. That was good and had no funny odors. Room had a fridge and microwave. Also had standard hairdryer and the complimentary coffee....but the pot was gone. TV was nice though there was no channel guide or any literature in the room. Beds were comfy and everybody slept well on them. Walls were paper-thin. Truck cruising thru the parking lot at 3am sounded like it was in the room with us. Next night we had AC on, that really helped mask the noises and we all slept more soundly. Breakfast wasn't worth going to. Juice, coffee, cereal, waffle machine, toast, cinnamon rolls and some fruit. Would be nice to have some protein choices. Would be ok to stay here again but won't be the first place I look.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AmerHost, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Kerrville, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. You mentioned there was no coffee pot in your room, your cup is your coffee pot. The machine is a one cup pot and you put your cup like you would have if there was a pot.
I am sorry you didn't enjoy the breakfast. We are limited to what we can serve on our breakfast bar. We have to follow what standards the Super 8 sets for us. We are lookng into serving hard boiled eggs so there will be more than just the yogurt as a protein.
Once again thank you,
Durango
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The young lady at the front desk Tammie was very helpful. We went to Kerrville to fine a new home and it was a very trying time for us. Tammie was warm and oh so helpful. She did everything possible to make our almost week long stay pleasant. The motel was being redone and not the greatest but CLEAN. There were several things need to be fixed and a coat of paint does not fix all, but all in all the people working there tried their best to be helpful. The BED was Great.

Room Tip: Back of motel was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. Also thank you for all the kind words. We all here try to go above and beyond to be helpful in any way possible. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and that you are choosing Kerrville to be your new home.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a well (and continually) maintained property and I was very impressed with the upgrades throughout. I prefer Hampton’s and Fairfield’s and tend to avoid Wyndham chain hotels. I stayed here due to the tripadvisor ratings and wasn’t disappointed. Our room was near stairs to upper level - lots of people walking up and down stairs throughout the evening but things slowed down after midnight. The room was nice and large and beautifully appointed and it seems to have been recently renovated. There was a nice new love seat in deep red and gold tones. Nice size stainless refrigerator and microwave in new cabinetry. Contemporary coverlet and bed skirt - very tailored look. The bed also slept fine and the pillows were decent. Nice size flat screen TV (possibly 42”). They had sheers in the windows in addition to the blackout curtains. Check in was very friendly. Large breakfast area. Breakfast was very nice: decent coffee, good orange juice (very sweet like I enjoy), bread for toasting with real butter, hard boiled eggs, Texas shaped waffle maker, Activia yogurt, two choice of cereal, hot cocoa mix and oatmeal mix. Certainly enough to get you going and on your way.

Room Tip: Try to avoid being near the staircase to the upstairs if noise bothers you.
Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and submitting your reviw. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and was not disappointed. We try to make everyone's stay enjoyable and relaxing just like the comforts of home. I hope the next time you are in Kerrville you choose to stay with us again.
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Manager very friendly, for what that turned out to be worth. Other staffers kind of take you or leave you as a guest. Standard Super 8 breakfast: In other words, good luck finding protein in it (woe to you if you are gluten-intolerant or avoiding carbs).

In our room, wet, smelly floor that was apparently the result of previous guests having undisclosed pet(s) that peed/pooped and those said guests tried to clean it up by soaking the floor. Not management's fault I guess but didn't make life nice for us. Husband smelled it as strong pee all night. I noticed it as a poop smell the next morning, didn't smell it till then, too tired the night before, I guess. I had noticed my socks got wet when I went to stand in area of A/C controls, thought at first maybe A/C leaked.

Bathtub was horribly pockmarked like someone had thrown cinderblocks at it and chipped off lots of the enamel. Can't think how else it got that way. Tiny towels, just two. Weak amenities all around.

Ugly weird bedspreads. I thought everyone had caught on that we all like white spreads so we can see if there are stains. Oddly, the bed was extremely comfy, soft and sleepable.

We fled here from likewise very average (and extremely overpriced) Hampton Inn ... and HI and Super 8 are the No. 1 and No. 2 places to stay in Kerrville on tripadvisor. Do the math. You might want to reroute or look for alternatives to motels/hotels in this town.

Someone got to stay here for $49? We had to pay almost $60 and were made to feel we were getting quite the deal. We are retired military and AARP but they could do no better for us. Oh well. Would not recommend No. 1 or No. 2 tripadvisor lodging in Kerrville. I fear the places falling below these in the ratings must be veritable houses of horror.

Room Tip: Go to another town.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we are limited to what we can put on our breakfast bar. We have to follow what Super 8 tells us to put out. We understand that more people are looking towards a more healthier breakfast.
I am sorry about the smell in your room. If you would have told the front desk the night you checked in we would have been more than happy to change rooms for you. We do allow pets in certain rooms and yours was one that a pet was not supposed to be in.
Our bedspreads, once again we are told from Super 8 as to what we can put in our rooms.
The $49 rate you are referring to is an extended stay rate. To get the $49 rate you have to stay with us seven days or more and it is non-refundable.
Once again thank you for your review and I do hope the next time you are in Kerrville you will give us another try.
Kerrville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

club chair had no support in seat,needed help to get up out of it.room was way in back even though we arrived early.bed was unsleepable bouncing mattress,bathroom door latch would not close,door would swing open,had to use wastebasket each time for doorstop.we were jipped on the price because we made reservation and upon arrivals,walk-ins were getting 49.00 rooms.unfairly to us

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

AmerHost, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Kerrville, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry about the issues you had with your room. I have had the maintenance man fix the chair and the door latch on the bathroom door. Thank you for making me aware of the problem. The reason you got a room in the back was because your reservation was for a handicap room and we only have two of them. We were limited on where you could go. The 49.95 rate is for an extended stay rate where if you want to stay with us for seven days or more, it is not a walk in rate.
Once again thank you for your review and addressing these issues so we are able to fix them. I do hope the next time you are in the Texas Hill Country you will stay with us again.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Our room was clean and fresh looking, no funky smells. Bed was comfortable and the linens were nice, even the pillows were newer. Nice tv and the internet was very quick. We have no complaints and would recommend to most people.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
AmerHost, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Kerrville, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your stay with us here at Super 8. I am happy you found everything to your liking in your room. We strive to make it a great stay for our guests.
Tammy

Been to Super 8 Kerrville? Share your experiences!