“Interesting Addition to the Cusine in Kerrville” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian fusion
Kerrville, Texas
“Interesting Addition to the Cusine in Kerrville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a new place on our dining horizon. I lunched there with friends, one of whom lived in Japan for a time. I am not a fan of fish or sushi. I had the soup (Miso) that came with my meal. Then, I had the Chicken Terriaki and Shrimp Tempura with rice. The portions were plentiful! We all had something different and it all looked good. I think all were pleased with their choices. My dessert was awesome - a fried banana with a light batter, accompanied by ice cream! Our waitress was adorable and very attentive without being intrusive. We were a bit amused that none of the staff is Japanese; the chef is Chinese! I will go back.

Visited May 2014

“Great food, great service!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The food was delish! The service was on the spot! Prices are really reasonable compared to going to San Antonio and paying double for terrible food and horrible service! Oh and their lunch specials are more than enough food for just one person! I highly recommend stopping by every everyday anyday! And the cute dimples and smile at the door is a welcoming invite any day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Comfort, Texas
“Great concept, awful execution.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Really questioning whether the prior good review was a family member, staff, or what. We tried this place out for lunch, and 2 of the 3 dishes were absolutely atrocious. The summer rolls weren't what you'd normally expect, but since I'm a fan of seaweed salad I'll call them the one good dish that came out of the experience. However, the garlic edamame were overcooked to the point of being mush, had no significant garlic flavor, and seemed entirely unsalted and unseasoned otherwise. The chicken and vegetable bowl was likewise inedible - vegetables overcooked into mush, no detectable seasoning except an overdose of pepper, and greasy. As hungry as my friend was, she had to give up after a few bites.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kerrville, Texas
“Oh. My. Goodness.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great new Asian Fusion restaurant in Kerrville! Dined there last night and can't wait to go back to sample more menu items! While the atmosphere is casual, the food is as beautifully prepared and presented as any upscale restaurant. They offer sushi and sashimi (small plates as well as platters), delicious soups and salads, small plates (appetizer and tasting plates),entrees, HAND KNEADED noodles, and a few desserts. Beverage selections include soda, tea, wine, beer and of course sake.

The fire roll we shared as an appetizer was delicious - spicy tuna, avocado, crunchy flakes, sriracha,chili aioli, eel sauce and jalapenos. Hong Kong style pork entree and mushroom soup were also big hits.

The service is also exceptional. We had a friendly and knowledgeable waitress and were impressed that the other waitstaff didn't hesitate to stop by and fill our beverages or clear plates as needed.

Very reasonably priced. Lunch specials are available from 11am-3pm.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere