“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Socorro, New Mexico
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Barrel in Feb 2013. Food was hot and the service was prompt. We have eaten here several times through the years while on travel. The wait staff was friendly.

The gift shop is fun and you can browse at bit while you wait for your food. Old farm tools and old signs adorn the Barrel.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Junction
“Always Good Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always enjoy the food at Cracker Barrel. The wait to get in... not so much, but they do have the gift shop, rocking chairs, and checkers.

Visited December 2012
Jabail, Saudi Arabia
“Great service, friendly staff, hot fresh food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly. We received our food very quickly. Their dishes are priced right. And as always shopping in the store area after eating is so much fun, partially due to great prices on all items.

Visited February 2013
Kerrville, Texas
“Great atmosphere, crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Of course this location is crowded like any Cracker Barrel. I went for breakfast and ordered eggs and smokehouse sausage. I was not impressed with the sausage at all. I guess I like the taste of regular American style breakfast sausage. Service was excellent but the sausage pretty much spoiled my review of it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kerrville, Texas
“A below-average Cracker Barrel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love Cracker Barrels, but not this one. In the three years I've been coming here, it's slid from being OK down to the point where it's hardly worth the hassle. If my wife wasn't addicted to their ribeyes, I would have stopped going a long time ago. These folks just don't have their act together. For some reason, the waitperson who brings out your order is almost never the one who took the order, so she/he has no clue what you actually asked for -- and because of that, the order is often wrong. There's crazy variation in the way items are prepared -- one time, your steak will be so covered with pepper that you can hardly see the meat, the next time, no seasoning at all; two steaks ordered medium-rare at the same time will come out one rare and one well-done. And their take-out system is a disaster. In the last six times I've done a takeout, two orders had the wrong items and three were incomplete. The sixth order was right, but no-one bothered to bring it out until I waited a long time and finally asked about it, so it was cold by the time I got home. I don't know why this place is so much worse than any other CB store, but it really needs help. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013