“Nice Hotel, Good food, Good Prices.” 4 of 5 stars

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2033 Sidney Baker Street, Kerrville, TX 78028   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kerrville
Plano, Texas
“Nice Hotel, Good food, Good Prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We happened to be in Kerrrville to see family that were staying at the V.A Rehab Hospital there and needed a nice hotel that was convenient to the hospital. We found this hotel on the Internet and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. After a minor mix up with the reservations (hence the 4 starts), we were setup in a room that was a small walk from the main dining facility. The food was very good (recommend the Old Fashioned Burger with the fixings...very tasty), and the breakfast buffet was plentiful and reasonably priced. Have no complaints on the location or facility and would be more than willing to stay there again when we pass through the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business in January. Being the female that I am I overpacked only to realize I would have to haul all of my luggage upstairs due to no elevator. The hotel staff would have probably given me a room downstairs but I didnt ask. The room was spacious but maybe a little drafty. The bed didnt hurt my back and I sometimes have issues with this. It wasn't too bad for the price paid and the soap and shampoos were nice. I usually like newer hotels versus older ones but this one was a nice experience and the stay was ok.

• Stayed January 2013
austin tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Driving by, I saw NO major chain name associated with this property, and decided to give them a try. When they gave me the same price as I the Hampton across the street, it looked like a good deal. The lobby and the available restaurants really made this a good experience. The staff was attentive and professional, even though the hotel had very low occupancy that night (none of the close by hotels looked to be any busier.) The lobby was classic Hill Country, and beautifully decorated for Christmas. The room was nice, nothing special, with an HD TV on low res signal, and sliding patio doors. The floor was all tile, I was told that all rooms had tile floor. The bar was nice, the meal served to me there was right before the kitchen closed, and was not very good. While asking for the best available price, the lady at check in offered to include a made to order breakfast, at their restaurant...that was great. The hot tub was hot, and open late. I would stay again, but the room itself, while ok, is not the reason.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I wish the chains across the street weren't sold out. For $20 less I could have had newer rooms and free breakfast. This appeared to be a remodeled old hotel. Our rooms were on the second floor. Hiked up an old staircase with our luggage. Outside door to main hallway doesn't lock. Beds were very firm. Like I said, it was just OK.

• Stayed November 2012
johnhelm, General Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We are an independent hotel, that was designed to represent the appeal of the Texas Hill Country and founders of the YO Ranch. We are very competitive in our pricing for the area and would hope that you might want to try and stay with us again on your return to Kerrville. We do offer packages that include a full breakfast with your room. Please let me know when you might be in our area and I will make sure you have a downstairs room and upgrade where we have availability.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Came for a birthday party gathering. The rooms were comfortable and clean. There was very little people there over this weekend and the bar staff tolerated our silliness and let us have a good time. I really only had two minor complaints which are they need better coffee (Folgers doesn't do it for me cuz I'm a coffee snob) and modern TVs in the saloon....

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here years ago with my parents and remember it as being a great hotel. But we just arrived and the front lobby was very loud and stinky because of the "saloon." Get to our room and open the roll away I paid $10 extra for and the sheets are dirty! Good thing I brought my sons sleeping bag. Then I take off my shoes and immediately notice how gritty the floors are. The bathroom fixtures were old but well maintained. I feel like this place could be great but needs a deep cleaning and an update. Maybe hotel impossible could hit them up!

• Stayed September 2012
san antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel August 23, 2012. I really enjoyed the spacious rooms, pool and spa. It was quiet and we had a peaceful night.

Been to Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!