“What a suprize!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Burleson, Texas, United States
“What a suprize!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stumbled across this venue via Trip Advisor, and after reading revues we thought we would check it out. We found this shack on the left side of the road heading to Fredericksburg from Kerrville. Outstanding food, and it is not just BBQ, we had smoked salmon that was the best we had ever had and prime rib. The BBQ sauce is awesome along with the potato salad. All the reviews were right on mark and by the way, they are BYOB! So bring in your favorite wine or beer and enjoy. You will not go wrong with anything on the menu there and we wished we live closer because we would just move in!!! Oh yes, roasted pepper soup, the word addiction comes to mind... Thank you Cal-Bob's for a wonderful dinner after a long trip from South Padre Island. We will be back again in force!

90% Recommend
“Coconut Pie to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Best ribs ever, coconut pie and banana supreme amazing, hometown atmosphere and BBQ sauce I could eat on anything make this resturaunt a place to stop by when in Kerrville!

Conroe,Texas
“28th anniversary road trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I stopped to eat lunch on our way to Fredericksburg. I had the pork sandwich which was very tender and tasty and he had the sausage and brisket. The brisket was fall apart tender any very tasty and the sausage had a mild flavor and was very juicy and good.The potato salad was very good. The pinto beans we ok, lacking in the seasoning department. The BBQ sauce is excellent, on the sweet side, seasoned just right. If you're on a low sodium diet, this is a good place to eat at. The lemonade is very tasty and refreshing. When we pulled up, we were not sure what to expect. The building is older and small. Once inside, it was very neat, clean, warm and friendly. The owners were very nice and gave great service. The only downside is the restroom was located on the outside of the building, but it was clean and well stocked. We would definitely recommend this as an inexpensive lunch stop.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kerrville, Texas
“Absolutely Incredible !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We have lived in the Hill Country for several years and have been on a mission to find " good " authentic Texas BBQ. We have eaten BBQ all over this state and we can honestly say none of the places we have been come even close to Cal-Bob's. It's not a fancy place, but both very clean and quaint in surroundings and none of the smoker smell. The owners Calvin & Carol just add to the wonderful experience. Down home folks treating you like family. It doesn't matter if it's the BBQ, chicken, prime rib or salmon the food is delicious not to mention the sides and deserts. If your going West on the 10 most definitely get off at the first Kerrville exit and turn right. Cal Bob's is just a very few minutes up the road on the left hand side. If you don't try this place your making a mistake and cheating yourself out of some great food.

Clarenec & Jeanny

San Antonio, Texas
“Definitely a Destination BBQ - Well Worth the Drive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The day I was given the wrong dirctions to a BBQ restaurant was the day I discovered the most delicious BBQ! I saw this humble looking BBQ restaurant that also looked clean and fresh on the outside. I went inside and was welcomed so warmly! They let me sample their meat and I was very pleased! I got a couple lbs to go. I noticed a super high coconut cake and when I found out it was homemade, I took a slice and it was big enough for both my Mom & I to share and it was so yummy!!! His wife told me she made it from scratch. It could win prizes!

I tell everyone about this place and look forward to getting out there again!

• Visited January 2012