“This is a FANTASTIC restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 98 restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Bistro
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: 1011 Bistro, located right in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, has the most spectacular view of the Guadalupe River. You will find something in our menu for a special occasion, family gathering or just kicking back in our upstairs terrace. Our friendly staff will make your visit a special one. We're also open for lunch!
Bellingham, Washington
“This is a FANTASTIC restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch one day and returned for dinner the next night because it was so good. The setting right on the Guadaloupe River is fantastic and the menu choices are great. Service is also very good. I definitely recommend the Texas Tuscan salad and the Veal Picatta. You can also purchase a bottle of wine and if you do not drink it all, you can carry it home with you.

Visited October 2013

86% Recommend
beaumont texas
“Wonderful spot to watch the sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place is a must if you want to see a beautiful Texas sunset. The Bistro is located on the widest part of the Guadalupe River. The restaurant only serves wine and beer. The standout dish I had was the Tuscan Texas Salad. Beautiful presentation. Huge portion. I could easily have skipped the entree. Next time I'll add chicken to the salad and have has my dinner. My husband had shrimp cocktail. It was not your typical dish.You might ask about it before ordering. Very large portion and again could have been a meal.
Small, cozy atmospher. We never felt rushed. Staff was great. Would definately go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kerrville, Texas
“Where we go to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stunning location! On a cool, crisp day get there to watch the sunset on the Guadalupe River (my buddies and I often swim past this restaurant-look for us swimming by with foam noodles attached to our legs as life-saving devices).

The food here is exceptional. It is one of the few places in town where I can get an exquisite gluten-free vegan meal (just order all the vegetable sides--they generally have something really interesting with lentils). My husband usually orders prime rib or osso buco and says they are both fantastic.

The wait staff is atttentive without being overbearing. The owner normally is walking around to ensure that everyone has a quality experience. It is not cheap, but a great way to spend a special evening.

Visited August 2013
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Nice view for restaurant for Kerrville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Dinner okay but wasn't the best I've had in Kerrville. Steak flavorful (a little thin for my liking but again good seasoning) but asparagus was woody and stringy. Salad was good.
Biggest heartburn was a lack of a bar. Love to have a drink prior to dinner but alas all they have is beer and wine. Waitress did bring me a couple of olives but alas no martini. She tried. Will try again if they get liquor license.

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good quality food and a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went as a party of four on a Saturday night. Two great things about this restaurant are the view and the quality of the food. Everone enjoyed the meal. My lamb chops were exquisite and the sizes for us were perfect. We were able to enjoy a lovely three courses. One downside for us was the unseemly rush to get us out. We knew it closed at 9pm but at 9 on the dot when we were on our desserts adjacent tables were being sprayed with cleaner, and wham bam our check arrived and the waitress pushed us to attempt to settle up with forks still in hand. We were seated at 7.45 ate at a normal pace and rushed at the end. Maybe they shouldn't accept people after 7.30

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tomas V, Owner at 1011 Bistro, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi, thank you for taking your time to review us. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner, and I'm sorry that you were rushed at the end of the meal. Our policy is to never take the guest the bill until they ask for it, so what happened was an exception, not the rule, and it shouldn't happen next time you come. We try to make our guests feel comfortable by NOT doing things like turning off the music, lowering the blinds, etc towards the end of the night. But we DO clean up the tables as soon as the guests leave, just so it doesn't look messy, but you shouldn't feel like we're rushing you because of that.
Hope to see you again soon!