“Octoberfest! ........dirty, dirty..........” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econolodge Of Kerrville

You added Econolodge Of Kerrville to your Saves list
Econolodge Of Kerrville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2105 Sidney Baker St, Kerrville, TX 78028 (Formerly Big Texas Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Kerrville
DFW
“Octoberfest! ........dirty, dirty..........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My family & I were on an Octoberfest trip to Fredericksburg & stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. EVERY time we used our key cards, we had trouble.....either we weren't pulling "up" on the handle or they had to be reset! There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room & the coffee maker had moldy coffee in it! The cabinet for our clothes was sticky/dirty when touched & had to be wiped off. Our hairdryer was falling off of the wall & the wall outlet wouldn't hold a plug in it. We had NO water pressure & by the time each one of us finished rinsing in the showere, there was no more hot water! We also had 1 washcloth that looked like someone had cleaned their bicycle with it! We definitely will not be referring anyone to this hotel again. There were stipulations on the "FREE" chewy steak dinner & painkiller! The continental breakfast didn't open on time & the bagels & cereal were stale. We went across the street to the Cracker Barrel instead..........

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

The first day at the hotel I called the front desk to ask for a wake up call and the phone in the room would not work. FInally after getting the phone to work I explained that to the guy at the front desk and he did not seemed concerned. Left Friady and went out to do some stuff around Kerrville. We got back and our room was not cleaned at all and we had to call for towels. My moms room the door would not open and the maintenance guy was called to fix it but it still did not work the rest of the stay. Our room had to doors one from the hall way and one from outside which we could not use because the door would not latch. Saturday we asked them to please clean our room and bring us some extra towels and neither was done. The pool does not look anything like the pictures from the web site and neither does the rooms. It also states on the web site that there is an alarm clock in every room which is not true. The ceilings in the hall way were really short and I felt suffocated when walking down the hall. Mind you I am only 5 foot tall. Hotel staff was very rude except the maintenance guy. He even offered to clean our room.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I visited the Motel last Friday July 31st traveling with my young 7 year old son. We were picking up my daughter from camp HOH the following Saturday. We were placed in a room that was occupied as were several other guests that had checked in that afternoon. After being made to wait to correct that error, we found the new room to be filthy with paper thin doors and a musty stench. Coincidentally, we had to leave almost immediately due to an emergency, and the Motel refused to refund our money. Although, we had been there only minutes---long enough to endure being place in an ALREADY OCCUPIED room---made to wait for a new dirty room, we were told the owners refuse any refunds and if the manager would request one, he would be terminated. I was further explained by staff that they did not understand how the credit card machine worked and that they would have to wait until Tuesday morning to talk with the owner to explain the process, and that at that time a refund as possible. As of Tuesday August 4th, when I called, the manager was sill unclear of how to proceed and was told that the owner had not yet considered the issue. I asked him to please expedite the request as the total for services NOT rendered was over $200. He told me if he did, he owuld be terminated. If you own the Big Texas Inn, please ask your store manager for my telelphone number and call me right away for my refund. I will be calling again shortly myself.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Linen supplies were overwhelmed by heavy occupancy. One day they took all our towels and left us with a single hand towel. Apparently they had to strip the rooms, wash the linens, then TRY to remember to re-stock rooms! Desk staff was friendly and apologetic, but couldn't seem to improve the linen services. Front door is locked from midnight to 8 a.m., even though that is the closest exit to the breakfast facility -- probably a nightmare for the fire marshall! On a positive note, plenty of hot water, TV worked, pool was clean, and room was reasonably clean. No WiFi in rooms, but it works well in spacious lobby area. Adequate but not luxurious accomodation. Probably would be ok for a one-night stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed 1 night while visiting Kerr WMA. The room was adequate although a little musty and warm. The hallways felt very enclosed, ceilings too short. Then came their famous steak reataurant touted on their website, what marketing! I ordered a 6 oz. filet, the manager/waitress brought me 2 pieces of meat which I assumed were the 12 oz portion. The smell when she set my plate down in front of me was the worst! It was a burnt/rancid smell and I was not sure what part of my meal it was coming from. Well it was the steak and my husband also verified the horrible steak.
the manager offered to bring me a sirloin, but I did not want her to do anything else. She discounted my meal as if I had really ordered the 12 oz. I was just glad to get out of the restaurant without getting sick. The next moring their continental breakfast consisted of coffee(you have to turn on the pot yourself) bagels with no creamcheese, cereal, milk, juice, jelly, butter that was liquefying. When you visit Kerville please just keep driving past this motel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hill Country, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

My wife and I have stayed in this facility twice before when the name of it was the Econo Lodge. It has been renamed apparently under new ownership and management. The place was a good value before, but now it's even much, much better. We stayed three nights, and the room was always clean and the service was great. The rooms are large and always comfortable during these hot Texas days. Even better now is the restaurant. It's excellent. We had the Sunday buffett for $12.99; the food selection offered a good variety of main and side dishes, and all of the food was the best we've ever had a hotel/motel restaurant. And when you compare the Big Texas Inn room rates with those of other facilities on the same street or across Kerrville, you'll find that the value of what is offered at the BigTexas Inn cannot be beat. The other places prices were much higher. We return to Kerrville each year for the Kerrville Music Festival, and we will always return to this place. It's a very nice, comfortable place to stay.

CBates

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

WE LOVED IT!! We stayed there and we only live 20 miles away lol!! This hotel has had some MAJOR restorations done. We booked this place for some friends of ours that were visiting and we ended up booking another room for ourselves even though we live in the area lol!! We had a FANTASTIC TIME!! The staff was so accommodating from our arrival till our departure. Their rates were really under priced in my opinion (which is a HUGE bonus!). We booked a package that included a spacious hotel room, HUGE and delicious steak dinner, and a painkiller cocktail at their nightclub Texaritas all for under a benjamin!! This place was a blast! There was a motorcycle group that was staying there and we had a great time getting to chat with them at the nightclub.

The motorcyclists told us that one of the main reasons they booked the Big Texas Inn was because it was a nice property with a steakhouse and nightclub but also because of the exterior access/entrance/exit to most of the rooms. They are from the city so security is a big deal to them (being from the area I know they actually had nothing to worry about lol), but they could park their bikes right outside their rooms and if they wanted to peak out and check them they just had to pull back the curtain or open the door.

We belong to a classic car club and we will definitely be recommending Big Texas Inn, in Kerrville, TX to our travel coordinator!!

The next day after our new friends embarked on their daily ride through the Hill Country we laid out by the HUGE pool. It was so clean and inviting but it was closed b/c they had to balance the chemicals. THey assured us it would be up and running w/in the week. Unfortunately we and our friends could not extend the stay.

We have a lot of visitors for both friends and business. We will definitely be exploring some sort of agreement with them to host our guests!! In fact next weekend (last weekend in May) we have some associates coming in for a meeting. THey assured me the pool would be open and I booked the same packages! And did I mention they had free Wi-Fi? So we can all do Go to meetings with our corporate headquarters without ever leaving the property!! WHo says you can't mix business w/ pleasure lol!

This place if perfect for a quickie weekend getaway, romantic wknd for two, business traveler, budget traveler, couple, group, conferences (they had a big banquet room that I will try to book for our yearly conference!, friends, families, or anyone for that matter!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econolodge Of Kerrville? Share your experiences!