“A Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Big Texas Inn

Save Saved
You added Big Texas Inn to your Saves list
Big Texas Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2105 Sidney Baker St, Kerrville, TX 78028 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Kerrville
Dallas, Texas
“A Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A good room at an excellent price. I travel throughout Texas on business. I get to South Texas about 4 times a year. This was my first stay at Big Texas Inn.

I was concerned about this property because of the mixed reviews. But, I decided to give them a try. The price was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the food in the restaurant was really good.

I did ask about the bad reviews and was told by the staff and a couple of the regulars there that they were posted by disgruntled ex-employees.

I am planning to stay there again when I return to the Hill Country area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kerrville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

While we were looking for a home, we were extended stay guests at the Big Texas Inn. I am very confused about some of the comments that say the staff is rude, because the manager Linda is great and very professional and courteous.
Our room was clean, and we enjoyed our stay. The building is not new, so I didn't expect luxury, but was very happy with the amenities. If you want a new hotel then you should stay at one, but if you are looking for a friendly, comfortable, nice place to stay at a great rate then this is the place to stay! :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
laredo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We Had a blast my girl friends and I had a great weekend.Check in was a breeze the lady bihind the counter was helpfull and curtius .The rooms are nice and confortable with small fridge and microwave. The bar tender was very friendly and funny. Thehad kareoke night so we sang our hearts out . We are planning to go back with our husbands. Thank you Big Texas Inn

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BigTexasInn, Manager at Big Texas Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We are so glad you ladies had fun here at the Big Texas Inn and come back real soon. You were a great guests!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband, boys, and i felt right at home! If we didnt have it, Linda found it... the restaurant was great, from the food to Anthony.... the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the service was fantastic! There were things for all of us there... the pool, game room and courtyard for my boys, and wonderful evenings for my husband and me at the bar....

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is filthy! There was mold and dead bug parts in the bathroom. They also charge your card when you arrive rather than when you check out so you have already paid even before you checked in. Good luck getting a refund! Entire place reaks and is dirty and old from top to bottom, ice machine is black with filth and mold and I am sure violates all kinds of health codes. All that's missing from the slum-like surroundings are gun shots in the middle of the night. But don't worry-there are plenty of rude loud people who call this place home to keep you up instead.

• Stayed July 2012
Granbury, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

From the second that me and my family checked in we were treated with respect and as valued customers, the food was good and hot which at some places is a stretch. But very good food and the pool and bar areas very accommodating. The location was very good and I was able to get easily to every location in Kerr county where we were planning to visit. I would definitely suggest to people looking for a discount prices on a trip to kerrville. Thanks again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. We failed to make reservations prior to our trip to Kerrville. When we arrived, we found that all the hotels were booked except for this one and they had a few double rooms available. The room was filthy including the walls, floors, etc. The carpet was sticky and there were stains on both box springs that were in clear view. My husband found a hair on his pillow and a loufa in the shower. To top it all off, we felt the room was closing in on us because the ceilings were so low. We both slept in our clothes and couldn't wait to check out. I don't think either of us slept all night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Big Texas Inn? Share your experiences!