“Very nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Sidney Baker Street, Kerrville, TX 78028 (Formerly Comfort Inn Kerrville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Kerrville
Ennis, Texas
“Very nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn in Kerrville. They had a very nice breakfast in the morning. The pool was very nice...not many people. The room was nice, and the bed was very comfortable! All of the employees were very nice! We all felt very welcomed there. I would stay again. Our room was on the second floor. There was not an elevator, but there was only one set of stairs so it was not bad at all. Jeanette, who helped us at the front desk when we checked it, asked me if it I needed the first floor, but I told her 2nd was fine. I was very pleased with customer service and hospitality!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnKerrville, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We try hard and we have upgraded the breakfast room and breakfast items, so it's nice getting positive feedback from a guest. I'm glad you liked the bed and room as well, we continue to try to improve the rooms, it is a constant process. I will pass on to Jaenette the nice comment you made about her.

We do not have an elevator and that is the way the hotel was constructed, I wish the original owner had built one. That is the biggest issue we have. We have a lot of regular guests and when they make their reservation they let us know they want to stay on the ground floor. When someone lets us know in advance they can't climb stairs, we try our best to accommodate them and 99% of the time we do. We do have three sets of stairs though, your review said we only had one and I just wanted to point that out to anyone that might read the review.

I really do hope you can stay with us again, and anything we can do make your stay better the next time, please let us know.

Steve Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Warren, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was looking to just get off the road and stopped at the Quality Inn and Suites in Kerrville, TX. Very nice room and people. Excellent vaue. I usually stay at Comfort Inns, but this Quality Inn has me rethinking that position.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you liked the room and the staff and you thought it was an excellent value. We were a Comfort Inn up until April of this year, but we have tried to maintain the same standards as a Comfort Inn. We will continue to maintain a nice hotel even with the name change. Thank you again.

League City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very Clean! Large Bathrooms. Wonderfully made up beds. Must be a newer hotel to be in such pristine shape. Could have more than one waffle maker though...Huge breakfast area and very nice lobby with TV and computer

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We really do try hard to maintain a clean hotel, one of the housekeeping staff has been with me for 12 years and the other has been with me for almost 10 years. I will certainly pass your kind words on to them, they love getting positive feedback.

We just knocked down the wall between the lobby and breakfast room so we could create more space and a more open feel. It appears that the guests love it.

I hope we can serve you again in the future and thank you so much for writing a review.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 4th of July. Got there an hour and a half before check in time and was allowed to check in with a smile. The young lady at the desk - her name began with a "J" - forgive me for not remembering...I want to say Janelle, but....she WAS outstanding. Totally committed to customer service and a very happy soul. She patiently answered all of my questions and provided me with a Kerrville map and a points of interest pamphlet. Got to the room and was pleased all 'round. It was very clean "in all quadrants/areas," spacious and from my point of view - great! The air conditioning was very cool. The pool and spa were refreshing, though spa temp could have been a little warmer from my point of view, but I love hot water. The day/night went without incident. Quiet hotel, though quite full by morning, no noise to speak of thus uninterrupted sleep. Got up early and went to breakfast and enjoyed the offerings....egg omelets, sausage, cereal, fruit, various breads and pastries, etc. Wonderful way to start the day. It was a great place to stay in a place "new" to me - first time to Kerrville - and I would stay there again. Well done, Quality Inn and Suites, Kerrville.

Room Tip: Two story building and no elevator. If stairs are a challenge, then this may be an issue for you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for writing the review, we really do appreciate it.

We try our best to check guests in early when we can. The problem occurs when the hotel is filled up the night before and we have a lot of late checkouts. Sometimes it is just not possible BUT when we can we absolutely get the guests into their room as soon as the rooms are ready.

I'm very glad Jaenette was helpful to you, and I will show her this review so she knows that her hard work is acknowledged and it does make a difference.

We do not have an elevator but if someone makes a reservation and requests a ground floor room, we do our best to get them downstairs, and that is 99% of the time. I have had the hotel since 2002 and the lack of an elevator has really become an issue. I did not built the hotel but I wish the original owners had built one, but we try our best to accommodate everyone we can.

Thank you again.

Winnsboro, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We booked at a nearby hotel, but it wasn't acceptable, so we came to Quality Inn. Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful, courteous and friendly.

The good: The room was clean - not spic 'n span because there was dust in the corners of the floor & bath, but OK. Each queen bed had 4 pillows. The fridge was cold. There were hot and cold items in the breakfast area, a fair variety. There is adequate parking and an ice machine that works well. The curtains block out all light so you get a very dark room for sleeping. Room is quiet - we heard no noise from rooms on either side or hall. The A/C was good. If your room is toward the middle of the hall, you are conveniently close to an exit door. There is a computer for your use in the foyer area. And, no bugs!

The not so good: The lights barely lit the room. You could only read sitting very close to the lights. The mattresses were sunk in toward the middle, but not horribly so. The waffle iron in the b'fast area stuck really bad & wasn't fixed for the two mornings we were there. There is no lid on the toilet which leaves limited area in which to lay toiletries when showering.

Overall it was comfortable enough that we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on ground floor if you can't climb stairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing the review. I will let Linda know how much you liked her, she checks this page frequently. She has worked for us since we bought the hotel back in 2002, so she really loves her job and interacting with guests. We try our best to keep the hotel clean, and I will pass on the comment about the dust in the corners to the housekeepers, they are human and sometimes miss a spot. I am glad your fridge was cold, we have discovered that a fridge is almost a necessity to travelers today and all of our rooms have micro-fridges in them.

I am sorry but we do not have an elevator and that is the issue we deal with the most. The regular guests call in advance and just request a ground floor room. I wish we had an elevator but the cost of installing one into an existing hotel like ours is cost prohibitive. If you stay with us again, just give us a call and request a ground floor room and 99% of the time we can accommodate you.

Thank you again.

Texas, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The two women at the desk were very nice, efficient, & courteous. Room was clean, quiet, no bugs. Good location. Did not look for restaurants, not hungry. Gasoline nearby. Breakfast ok. HVAC worked ok and was relatively quiet. Sufficient parking in front. Room lighting ok, good enough to read by. WiFi ok. No reason to look elsewhere. Stayed May 2014 on business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by Linda. There were several people checking in at once and she handled the group very well. Made each one of us feel very welcome. Breakfast was typical of this chain - nothing to write home about but certainly adequate. Only major complaint was that there was no lid on the commodes. Can't imagine how many towels/wash clothes have taken a dunk :-(. Yuk. Other than that, great location - no elevator.

Room Tip: If you don't want or can't climb stairs be sure to request a first floor as they have no ele...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!