“Worst stay ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kenedy
Illinois
“Worst stay ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in early February. We were in town with my entire family for a family wedding. Immediately we were disgusted! We walked into the lobby to check in and saw two cans of bug spray on the counter. When I looked down the hall I saw two roach traps with roaches stuck on each one! When we walked into our room it got even worse! The floor was filthy. It looked as if it had not been vacumed in a very long time. We found a bottle cap on the floor that was not ours. The towels and sheets had brown and yellow stains all over them. We along with other family members went to the Wal-Mart down the street and bought towels! There were dead cockroaches behind the table. The bathtub was very dirty! The night we got back from the wedding I blew my nose and threw the tissue in the toilet and flushed. Well immediately the toilet started overflowing spilling toilet water all over the bathroom floor. I called down to the front desk and waited and waited. We went next door to my parents room and when my mom called down the owner/manager hung up on her. When trying to call back he would not answer the phone. After about 20 minutes he finally came up with towels and a plunger. He threw the towels on the floor to soak up the water and started to leave. I told him it needed to be cleaned up and he refused. He offered us another room to shower in but never brought the key back up! Needless to say I did not get very much sleep the entire weekend! My sister and I suggested we sleep in the car but there was a total of 8 of us and 1 car so that was not really an option. We contacted Days Inn and were not compensated for our horrible stay. We will never be staying at a Days Inn again! My advice is to keep driving and stay somewhere else. We didn't really have the option because of a family members wedding in the town and nowhere else to stay! Next time we will stay in a bigger town even if we do have to drive and hour!

• Liked — Absolutey Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in February, 2007. We were in town for a wedding & choose Days Inn because they are a national chain & we THOUGHT it would be our best option. Between my family, we had four rooms. The first thing we noticed when we got out of the car was the smell of sewer! A very strong & constant smell of sewer that when we asked, management couldn't explain. Then when we opened our rooms, it was obvious that the rooms had not been cleaned or vaccumed in quite some time! There were old french fries on the floor right next to our bed, wrapers on the floor, & cockroaches behind the couch as well as in the light fixtures! Needless to say, we never went barefoot! (My brother asked for the rooms to be vaccumed & management brought the vaccume out from behind the counter & gave it to him to vaccume himself!!) The sheets & towels were absolutely disgusting! They had, what appeared to be, brown stains all over them! (Thank god there is a Wal-Mart down the road were we bought our own towels!) The toliet overflowed in the middle of the night (around 1:30 am) & when we called management, he was very rude & hung up on us! After he finally came to check it out, he put towels on the floor to soak up the water & told us to leave the towels there over night because the toliet was still leaking! At this point, we were all totally disgusted & ready to sleep in the car! When we checked out, we were offered nothing! Not even a simple apology! It is understood that not every location is the same but this room was just plain unsanitary! A vaccum & a bottle of bleach could have made a major improvement! I suggest to anyone to sleep in your car! This hotel was disgusting!!!!!

Stayed February 2007
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2005

I stayed in this motel in July 2002. We choose Days Inn because we felt it would be the best in what this small town had to offer and we believed a national chain would offer good service. We reserved a king non-smoking room. When we arrived, management told us the room was not available, that they had a hold over. They put us in a double room instead and offered a measely $5 credit only after being pressed. The room reeked of smoked even though it was supposedly a non-smoking room. There were cigarette burns in everything. Roaches scattered when the lights were turned on. In the light fixtures were numerous dead bugs. Paint was peeling in the bathroom and sink area. The carpet was so nasty we didn't dare take off our shoes. The bed was horrible. There was no mattress pad and the sheets were scratchy and ill-fitting. The blankets were filthy. The upstairs walkway was littered with dog poop. The so-called breakfast buffet consisted of a couple of boxes of cereal and a carton of milk, which the manager's young child had already made her own. When we complained to management about the horrible conditions of the room, they told us we could have gone to some other town.

We when told the executive office of our experience, they said there was nothing they could do about it - this particular location was owned by the mangement on site.

I see no reason to do business with ANY Days Inn since no one in the organization cares about the condition of their properties or about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2002, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Kenedy? Share your experiences!