“Overnight stay for boardwalk” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Inn Kemah

Palace Inn Kemah
You added Palace Inn Kemah to your Saves list
Palace Inn Kemah
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1411 Highway 146, Kemah, TX 77565 (Formerly Kemah Days Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Dayton, Texas
“Overnight stay for boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a trip to the boardwalk this hotel was a great value the rooms were clean and there were smoking rooms available. The only negative that I have is the coffee was not all that great

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Friends booked our room and after reading reviews I was skeptical of wanting to stay there. I was pleasantly surprised. No mold in bath areas. Tub had been redone and slip-resistant bottom was so nice I took a picture to see if I could find the same cover for my home tub. No bugs coming from under doors. Didn't try their breakfast as we love eating at Kelly's Diner in League City. Here are my ratings:
Minus: thin towels; low power hair dryer (if your hair is long or thick, bring you own hair dryer); light weight blankets(AC on high gets very cold at night); no sheer panel on huge front window. You have to keep the blackout curtin closed if you want privacy and that makes the room very dark; no table lamps; no elevator, no pool. Room had 2 phones but one of them didn't have connection cords.
Plus: Lage room and low price; very, very clean; mini-frige/freezer, microwave; comfortable bed; basin & counter is outside the tub/shower/toilet area. thus allowing one person to shower and one to put on makeup; brush teeth, etc.; Bathroom looked like it had all new toilet/tub/shower curtin. I'd recommend this hotel to friends/family.

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs room if you can't climb stairs
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here three years ago when it was a Days Inn because it was within our budget and near to Kemah Boardwalk. We were doing a bit of travelling this year and were flying into Houston and as we loved Kemah, thought we'd spend a night there before moving on. This place was once again within our budget and as we now know the area, it made sense to stay here.

Since our previous stay, nothing has changed except the management and the sign.

We checked in easily enough and our room was what we expected. There is a fridge and a microwave, a living area with a small sofa and a TV over the double bed. The bathroom was clean but the whole place could do with a makeover as the décor is so old fashioned. We didn't find any bugs or burn marks as mentioned by other guests and the sheets were clean but there were scorch marks on the bed spread the last time we stayed here.

The toilet broke when I flushed it at 4am and was continually filling so my husband had a look at the cistern and the whole thing was rusty and something had snapped due to this. We were leaving early anyway so didn't report this until a couple of hours later so I can't comment on how quickly it was fixed or anything.

For convenience, this is about a 10 minute walk from Kemah Boardwalk (partly along the highway so be careful) and is right near a police station so reasonably safe! Don't bother getting a cab to the Boardwalk as we were ripped off last time we stayed - the cabs come from Houston so bump up their prices to compensate and they charged us $20 for what is about a mile walk!

The breakfast is poor - sugar coated cereal, toast and nasty orange juice or coffee but we knew this and had already planned to grab something from Starbucks at the Boardwalk whiulst watching the sunrise (jetlag!).

The rooms are basic but very outdated and

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked a room for Saturday, April 27th. Before travelling to the hotel, a torrential rainstorm and flash flooding caused highways to be closed, including Beltway 8. When I called the hotel, I could barely hear what they were saying because of the weather, rain, and hail. They would only offer a partial refund.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Convenient to the Kemah Boardwalk but not a very comfortable bed and there was a bug on top of the sheets when I got up in the morning. Be careful in the shower. The tub is really slick. No kind of texture on the bottom.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bastrop, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place is now a "Palace Inn" They do not give you your choice privilages points. And the room I reserved, a king room, had no couch. It was not dirty, but was not as nice as the Days Inn's I have stayed at before. It could be that the hotels near the beach get more use.............
Was not worth the price, $190 for friday and saturday. The locatian was perfect for the things we were doing so the experience was not bad. Sattelite tv goes in and out during rain. No pool. Continental breakfast is not available unless you like watered down apple juice and fruit loops.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palace Inn Kemah? Share your experiences!