“Great food, service and a Fantastic View” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landry's Seafood House

Landry's Seafood House
1 Kemah Waterfront St, Kemah, TX 77565-7901 (Formerly Landry's Seafood House)
+1 281-334-2513
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Great food, service and a Fantastic View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I have been coming to this Landy's in Kemah for the past 22 years. We drive from Houston for the food and atmosphere. Back in the day before Travis Scott became the General Manager, the food was not good at all, I believe people came here only for the atmosphere. Since then it is great everytime we eat there. The waitstaff and management are the best and they are very attentive to our needs. We are members of the Landry's Select Club which allows us to get preferred seating and other nice perks, but even before they started the Select Club the food and service was great. This is our favorite restaurant and we don't get to eat here ad often as we would like as we travel quite a bit to get there...The Select Club costs $25.00 to join, you go home and register on-line and get a $25.00 meal certificate. After that when you accumulate 250 points you get a $25.00 free meal and also one on your birthday....Great Perk....

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Texas
“It's about more than just the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's not unusual for us to travel 1 1/2 to 2 hours to visit one of our favorite restaurants and this particular Landry's has been worth the trip every time we have been there. We have been coming to this same location for well over 30 years. The views of Galveston bay and the entrance to Clear Lake are excellent and the constant parade of boats entertaining, all which make a really good meal extra special. I had the stuffed flounder and my wife had the coastal seafood pasta. Both were well prepared and very good. Our entree's came with a salad mixed at our table. We should have had the dressing left on the side as my wife felt that there was too much dressing added to her portion. It was just right for my taste. We finished the meal with crème brulee for dessert which was excellent. We will be back when we are ready for our next road trip!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“Pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Since it is near the gulf coast, we expected generous serving and very affordable pricing. Neither these existed. Another thing we didn't like is adding the gratuity for party of five. If it weren't for continuous checking with us by both our server and the management and refilling our drinks without calling our server, we will leave lower tip and bad service reviews. Food was so and so. Nothing too frill about it. We'd been too many fancy restaurant but this one did not satisfies our appetite.

Visited December 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We decided to go here for dinner while staying near Kemah Texas. Almost all the restaurants in Kemah are Landry's owned places. I ordered the Tilapia Pontchartrain. Which was to have mushrooms and a white wine cream sauce and topped with "jumbo lump crabmeat." The tilapia was very nicely grilled and tasty, but the cream sauce was not needed and actually took away from the delicious taste of the fish. However, the crab topping was definitely not "Jumbo lump crabmeat." it was just shredded crabmeat and not very flavorful. I felt disappointed and led astray. My husband ordered the fried seafood platter. It was all heavily battered losing the taste of the seafood. He said the oysters tasted the best which surprised me since he doesn't like oysters and usually doesn't eat them. Service was very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria Harbour, Canada
“Cracked and stained coffe cup.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was there for lunch midweek so the place was not busy. I had the crawfish étouffée which was full of tails which were cooked to perfection. This was just as well because there was nothing else in the sauce. No peppers, celery onion, nada. Some cold boiled rice was stuck on top and that was all she wrote.
The service was good (not busy), but the thing that annoyed me the most was my coffee mug. It was standard white porcelain with a chip on the rim that had a wonderful stain in it right where you drink from. Yeech! Can't Landry's afford to replace a chipped mug? I drank from the other side but geeze louize. I expect this from a greasy spoon, not Landry.
Anyhow, will think long and hard before going back to another one of their chain.

• Visited December 2013