“Good Food, Better Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Landry's Seafood House

Landry's Seafood House
1 Kemah Waterfront St, Kemah, TX 77565-7901 (Formerly Landry's Seafood House)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 63 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Webster, Texas
“Good Food, Better Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We ate our 20th Anniversary dinner here. The food was very good. The service was even better. And the scenery awesome. I recommend arriving a bit early so you can get a seat close to the window.

Visited June 2013

Kemah, Texas
“Beautiful water view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We live in the area of this restaurant and have a lot of choices of places to eat, but we have friends who come down to Kemah and want seafood, so we take them to Landrys on occasion. The view out the windows of the yachts and boats passing by is really amazing, especially at sunset. The staff seems well trained and attentive, the menu choices are plentiful, the service is pretty efficient, so I really have no negative remarks to say. It's probably awesome for some people, but seems a little hotel food like, mass production in my opinion, so if your a glorified foodie and have to have something really gastronomic, you won't find it anywhere on this boardwalk. There are some good choices of things to eat though, just depends on your taste.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dickinson, Texas
“Cant go wrong with Landrys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been going to this location to eat long before this amusement place had existed.There was another well known restaurant that occupied this area on the water. As a child I went there with my parents a lot. We choose landrys for its location and the food and service has always been good.

Visited December 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“Nice location. Good service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place is located right on the water. We were seated inside, but next to windows that looked out onto the water. Beautiful.
We stopped here around 2pm for a late lunch - early dinner. There was no wait and we were seated promptly. Our server was very pleasant and attentive.
My wife ordered the Fresh Catch Pontchartrain and greatly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for my Coastal Seafood Pasta. I can only surmise that something caused my meal to be done long before my wife's, because it must have sat under a heat lamp for a while. The pasta had become stuck together to the point of having to actually cut through it, rather than curl it onto the fork. Further, the scallops and shrimp were overcooked and rubbery. The mussels were better, but not really hot. As many establishments do, the server appeared at our table to check on us almost immediately after the food arrived - so the meal's shortcomings weren't yet apparent.
This is a quality establishment and it's likely that I just caught the kitchen at a bad moment or something - I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
To their credit, the manager stopped by the table as she was cruising through the dining room and asked how our meal was. When I told her of the problems, she was sincerely aghast and wanted to do something to make it better. I declined her offer of a dessert and assured her that I assumed it "was just one of those things" that happen occasionally.
I certainly would be willing to come here again - and give them another chance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We enjoyed sitting on the boardwalk and watching the boats come in. Good food, good drinks, and a relaxing atmosphere. Would love to return!

Visited May 2013