“best barbecue outside of my backyard” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Kemah
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
fort worth
“best barbecue outside of my backyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

we decided to stop at T Bone toms with pass by on our way to Kemah boardwalk.I am NOT a big fan of restaurant barbecue but this won me over. I thought I was ordering a chopped beef sandwich but it turned out to be was a burger with chopped beef and cheese on it OMG it was so much a friend and I had to split it. But it was the most outstanding barbecue burger I have ever put in my mouth. My husband order chicken fried steak. Which kind of surprised me because we never find good chicken fried steak once again outside of my kitchen. But this was some of the best chicken fried steak ever it just melted in your mouth. One of my sons had a chopped beef baked potato that was as big as his head and he ate the whole thing and he is very hard to please. My other son had the breaded chicken sandwich it was enormous and he ate the whole thing. Definitely on our list of places to eat whenever we go back to Galveston. do not pass up the homemade key lime pie you will not be sorry. I found it quite amusing that upon leaving a Spring Creek barbeque pickup was parked right by the front door.

Longview, Texas
“Great comfort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is just an all around fun restaurant. It feels like a step back in time and you're along for the ride!

The service was great and the meal even better! Huge portions, delicious down home style comfort food.

If we go back to Kemah, we'll be coming back to T-Bone Tom's for sure!

• Visited May 2014
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the place where every visitor should visit while in kemah. The food is great and you are served plenty for the money. All the other restaurants we visited for a family of 5 was well over 100.00 a visit, this place we ate and I drank a pitcher of beer and it was still less than 60.00. Its conviently located across the street from the holiday inn where we stayed. It was so great we ate there again on our second nite there. I would highly recommend eating there.

Visited June 2014
Arlington, Texas
“Fun meal for family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

These folks were great. Even though we arrived early for our reservation (only a limited number available) these folks seated our large family reunion immediately. The waitress was cheerful and answered lots of questions. All of us ordered something different but we all loved it. Great atmosphere for family dinner. All on a crowded Friday evening!

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Good portions; no glam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

One might use the retro term here, but that would be inaccurate. T-Bone looks as if it has not changed anything in 40 years (except prices of course). I will go back if I want solid comfort food or maybe want to spoend some time on the back deck taking in music, etc..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere