“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 62 restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Kemah, Texas
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Met some friends here for dinner. The service was very very slow and the food was not good. The atmosphere was fun with the live band but don't think I will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Sydney
“Really great BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I would advise anyone in the area to go and eat here, the meat is great but the kicker is the Armadillo eggs, you have to try them!

The sides were not that tasty in my opinion but the meats were done well, especially the pulled pork and the brisket. The ribs were good also, but a little fatty for me. The sausage was a little greasy, but tasted fine.

While the meats are the thing that will bring you in, its the Armadillo eggs that you will be talking about for weeks / months to come!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great food, friendly folks, and excellent entertainment. I ate there on a Friday night and it was packed. The wait staff was excellent.

Visited June 2013
Evansville, Indiana
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I thought the food was good but nothing to go out of my way for. We were a party of 7 (one of which was a toddler) so they automatically added the 18% tip. I know that's industry standard but the service we received did not warrant an 18% tip. The staff was friendly but once our drink orders were taken it took a while for someone to come back and get our food order. Food wasn't a long wait but I never was offered a refill on my water. We ate inside and the dining area is just jammed full of chairs so it's hard to move around.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Tx
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The atmosphere, the service and the food... was all good! I had bar-b-q. Others at our table had fried fish and one friend had a shrimp po'boy. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the environment!

Visited May 2013