“Boardwalk seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #7 of 61 restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Littleton, Colorado
“Boardwalk seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I grew up in the area and use to enjoy Captain John's many years before the Landry's corporation re-developed the area into a NJ style boardwalk. I no longer live in Tx but when I visit nearby I try to make a visit to Kemah for great Gulf Coast seafood. I've eaten at the Flying Dutchman a few times, always sitting outside near the strolling walkway to watch the boats (fishing and pleasure) sail by. I've never eaten anything but seafood and have not been disappointed. On my last visit I ate a shrimp salad. My only complaint was that it was a little heavy on the mayo. Still there was a very good amount of shrimp in the salad.
NOTE: For families with children there is a nice little playground for the small ones on their outdoor deck. If you do not have children, ask to be seated a little bit away from this area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Sugar land
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Took the family for a fun afternoon to Kemah, decided to go have dinner at the Flying Dutchman. We had been there several times but this experience was totally different, the wait time was suppose to be 30 mins waited 45 mins went to ask how much longer a couple who was in front of me apparently had reservations but they could not find there name walked in and were seated immediately. I then was acknowledge even though there were three hostess and one of the girls told me that it was going to be another 15 to 20 mins. Spoke with management found a table then we were seated. After being seated no one ever came to take our order or even acknowledge us for that matter but two other tables that were seated after us were attended quickly. Spoke with management told them of the poor service and left. Went to Cheddars and received the best service ever. Big disappointment with Flying Dutchman would not recommend to anyone!!

Spring, Texas
“Appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here in the afternoon with family while we stayed at the Inn. Had some real good food and beer! My brother in law loves oysters and that's why we decided on this place. Very good and the service was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The entree of blackened redfish topped with "bar trash" was very tasty. The oysters left a lot to be desired. I knew something was not right when the waitress returned real quickly with the oysters. They had obviously been pre-shucked and kept in the fridge long enough that several were dessicated. They were just OK. If you're going to advertyise yourself as & Oyster Bar, you should be shucking fresh, not playing like you are red Lobster. Come on people!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Merino, Colorado
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We sat right next to the water way and had a very romantic dinner watching the ships and boats come and go. Reasonable pricing. Food was awesome

Visited October 2012