“Best Anniversary Date!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 attractions in Kemah
Type: Ferries/ Boats
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Your Sailing Adventure Aboard Sailaway cat is designed to provide you with a unique sailing adventure that is relaxing and enjoyable and can be designed to meet your specific requirements. The duration of a cruise can be from two to four hours. You are welcome to take part in the sailing of the vessel or you can just sit back relax and enjoy the sound of the wind and water. ...choose your own adventure...Sailaway cat can provide it all. You are cordially invited to indulge yourselves in a custom mini vacation aboard Sailaway cat.Whatever your desires, Sailaway cat will provide the sail of a lifetime. The itinerary and the pace are yours to decide.Sailaway cat is perfect for birthday parties, casual corporate events, or even just the casual family picnic! With an 18 feet beam and 30 feet length, the Sailaway cat is wide and comfortable. She has a spacious trampoline and great large cockpit for all occasions. Your cruise comes with owner operator licensed Master Captain Matt Ceviker to take you anywhere you want, and can serve the food you bring. Evening cruises are scheduled so sunset occurs approximately halfway through your cruise.Sailaway cat Catamaran is a 30' performance catamaran with 18’beam designed with safety and comfort in mind, and capable of speeds over 10 knots under sail, which should excite even the most experienced sailors. There's plenty of room on Sailaway cat's deck or sunning or lounging while sipping cool refreshments.Corporate outings:Whether it's incentives and team building events or award ceremonies or after a long seminar. What better way to promote good relations than with a corporate sailing cruise. A time to put your cell phone down for a while and enjoy planning your goals and how to get there, all with a clear mind and a relaxed body. Perfect for your next move!Why not go on Sailaway cat with your staff or coworkers and enjoy an Out of the Office Experience instead?Parties:Private parties aboard the Sailaway cat Catamaran can be tailored to suit the needs and liking of your group. Create a unique experience for your special occasion while enjoying relaxing sail served by your experienced and friendly crew. For a once in a lifetime experience there is nothing more special!Enjoy your chosen drink while you listen to the famous island sounds, relax will do the rest. With a 12 passenger capacity, over 500 square feet of above deck the Sailaway cat is the perfect vessel for your special occasions.
Houston, Texas
“Best Anniversary Date!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I went on the privately chartered 4 hour sunset sail to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was absolutely spectacular! We really enjoyed laying on the net at the front of the boat. The experience was truly breathtaking! We highly recommend booking a sail with Captain Matt. Captain Matt completely exceeded our expectations. We knew it would be enjoyable, but did not anticipate to be blown away. It was our first time sailing and Captain Matt made us feel completely at ease. He is a true professional and a genuinely nice guy. His hospitality truly made us feel special. We sailed on the Catamaran which was very nice and clean. There is a bathroom, kitchen, and beds to sleep on for an overnight charter. It even has a dining table on deck. Captain Matt provided napkins, cups, plastic ware, and paper plates for the food and drinks that we brought on board. He also had extra wine, water, and beer prepared in a cooler. It was the most relaxing and fun experience! We enjoyed it so much that we are already planning to go back out with family and friends for an all day 8 hour sail.

Visited June 2013

“A memory that will last a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I never got to have a honeymoon, so I chose to surprise her with a sunset cruise this weekend. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life! I booked the 5 hour cruise and from the first moment we set foot on the Sailaway Cat everything was perfect. We were both given a very warm welcome followed by a safety brief. The crew was very professional and friendly and we immediately felt like we were just hanging out with friends out for a cruise. The boat was very smooth sailing and had a lot of room to move around. The front of the boat has to very comfortable hammocks to lay in and the captain made sure that when the sun began to set that no matter where we were on the boat my wife and I had front row seats. I honestly don't think that I could have been more perfect. My wife and I are already planning our next charter as soon as possible and if you are going to Kemah you should do the same. To all the guys out there if your looking for a romantic weekend this will be an experience that you will never forget! Allen Gibson USN Ret.

Visited June 2013
Beaumont Texas
23 attraction reviews
“Perfect Anniversary Activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My bride and I chose the Saturday 3-hour charter as something different to do in celebration of our 22nd wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed at all, in fact it was better than we expected. Captain Matt was very conscientious of our lack of sailing experience and made sure we were safe and comfortable. Because of the relatively high winds on the day of our excursion, we spent the entire trip sailing on Clearlake, but we were completely satisfied with the experience. Captain Matt allowed us to pilot the boat, which only caused us to admire his seamanship that much more. Piloting a sailing vessel is very much a challenge! We will definitely return for more adventures on Sailawaycat, both on the 3-hour charter and private charter for larger groups.

Visited April 2013
League City, Texas
“Excellent time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Captain Matt has the best personality which made our trip much more enjoyable. Catamaran was very clean, Captain was on time on our meeting point. We brought our own food and drinks, was so nice to relax on the open waters of Galveston bay with relaxing music. I recommend this to everyone $40.00 per person is a great deal .

Visited March 2013
“Best thing to do in Houston!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

It was my first experience I never had this before in my life! I really enjoyed and have nice experience sailing with Sailaway clear lake charters. We were on the special boat called "catamaran" I really liked it and learned a lot from the captain about catamaran and the lake info! It is really worth it. I highly recommend catamaran sailing to everybody:)