“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Texas Ave, Kemah, TX 77565   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for New Year's Eve so we only slept there but our experience wasn't bad. It's not the Wynn but everything was clean and the office personnel was very friendly. I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Webster, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel Saturday December 14th. This place is gross!! They claim they have "all new everything" but all it actually is, is a bunch of used, scratched, chipped furniture with missing knobs, etc. Our room had a fridge we couldn't access due to broken knobs. So that did us no good. They used to have microwaves in the room but they took those out and told me I can come to the lobby and use theirs if they want. I did not want to be in there. Apparently half the staff lives on the property and going into the office feels more like you've just intruded into someone else's home. I even saw one of them walking around with no shoes on in the office. So unprofessional! Oh, they also say that have breakfast. Technically that's true....however their breakfast consists of old, hard bread, oatmeal pies, and pecan rolls. Along with two huge things of stale cereal. They did at least have one waffle maker. I heard them say that if people stay there on a weekly basis, that they will only clean their room one day out of that week. That is unacceptable. Sheets have stains, blankets are old, curtains have holes in them, cable goes in and out as it pleases apparently. Their free wifi isn't too great either. Only good thing about this place is the location, of course. Overall it was just gross, dirty, old, and uncomfortable in more ways than one. I advise anyone visiting Kemah to reserve ANY other hotel in Kemah well before their visit so they don't get stuck here!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had stayed at the Passport Inn sometime last year, then again in early November. Since my last stay they have made many major changes for the better. New tvs...mattresses...furniture..and they serve breakfast. That makes a huge difference when traveling with children. The entire staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean. Then of course, you can't forget about the location. It is within walking distance to practically everything. My whole weekend was very convenient thanks to staying here. I will for sure stay here again in the future, as well as recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful..the room was dark, gloomy looking and in bad need of a renovation.Although, we had the feeling that it had been furnished and painted for Halloween. We actually checked the beds for bugs before laying down. I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it either.

• Stayed October 2013
Siddharth P, Manager at Passport Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. Improvements and changes have been done since the new management has taken over at the beginning of this week. Many changes including NEW mattresses, NEW furniture and even NEW 32 inch TVs have been made to the entire property. Once again I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't what you desired and I hope you give us another opportunity to give you a different opinion of our property. We appreciate any feed back good or bad. Our guests opinions are very important to us. Thank you, Management.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The room was Extremely filthy and full of bugs. I hope I don't catch a disease from it. No phone service, small TV. Everything looks old and dirty. My advice is Don't stay there! There are some other hotels near by a little more expensive but a lot cleaner

• Stayed October 2013
Siddharth P, Manager at Passport Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We are very sorry about your bad experience. We are currently under new management and are trying our best to renovate and deep clean every inch of our hotel. We are receiving all new flat screens, beds and room furniture. Little by little we are trying our best to fix any problems so that our guest's can have a comfortable stay. Again, we apologize for your bad stay with us. We appreciate any feed back good or bad. Our guests opinions are very important to us.
Port Neches
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Don't ever book a room at this place. I booked what was supposed to be an executive king suite with a jucuzzi tub & beautiful picture window view by phone. This accommodation was even on their website. I was told this verbally, was assured of the rooms cleanliness and told that it was ok to bring my little dog. When we arrived the clerk immediately wanted my Visa card, which was quickly swiped. I asked to see the room and the reply I got was "we have a no refund policy". The room was up 3 flights of stairs, no elevator. the room was absolutely horrible. A bad smell in the room, dirty, dingy, poor lighting, carpet torn & stained, furnishings old & dirty, the bathtub was old, chipped and no Jacuzzi. No beautiful view. They also wanted $50 per night for my pet The facilities had been grossly misrepresented both on their website & verbally. It was so bad I refused to stay there. The clerk tried to get me to sign an authorization to debit my Visa Debit Card which I refused to sign. The owner of the hotel fraudulently processed my Visa Debit Card. To say the least, this was a bad experience. I filed a complaint at my bank & to Visa. Visa reported the owner verified our staying there and they gave him payment just by taking his word. My advice is stay away from here & don't waste your time or money.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel to begin with. Even if you have to pay a little more you will be happier.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are extremely sorry that your stay at our hotel was at the least unsatisfying. The hotel is currently under new management, and we are trying our very best to fix every single problem the property has had. We understand your frustration and appreciate your time and feedback.
Alpine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This roach motel is by far the most FILTHIEST motel i have ever stayed at. i was afraid of what my crawl out of underneath the bed. the service OMG was horrible. i paid 89.99 for that i should of just paid an extra 30 bucks to stay at the holiday inn. never ever again. the only good person that was willing to help was a young lady named lisa i believe. she was all smiles. but the other young lady was like if she was doing you the favor of getting your room key. my sheets did not fit the bed and my tv the volume kept going up and down. wow worst stay ever. lets just put this way check out time was at 11 we left at 6am.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are apologize for your uncomfortable stay with us, our guest's opinions and feedback are very important to us. At this time the hotel is currently under new management and we are trying our very best to fix any problems the hotel may have. We are updating the rooms little by little, with new flat screen TV's, new comfortable beds and upgrading with all new room furniture. We are also deep cleaning every inch of the property. We understand your frustrations and regret that your stay with us was at the least displeasing. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Been to Passport Inn? Share your experiences!