“well it is close to the boardwalk” 2 of 5 stars

Passport Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Texas Ave, Kemah, TX 77565   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Texas, United States
“well it is close to the boardwalk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

When we checked in, we asked for a nonsmoking room and got a smoking room. The sheets were stained, there was a dead cockroach on the floor, and an old mini tube of toothpaste on the floor by the vanity area. The floor is not level so when laying down you head is slanted down. (If you have reflux, I suggest sleeping with your head at the foot of the bed. At least in room 107) Bed very uncomfortable and very thin pillows; I would bring one from home and another blanket. The location was great. Very short walk to the boardwalk.

Room Tip: bring extra pillows
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

the first problem I came accross was the manager took the room price out of my account twice then proceeded to lie to me about it until I went to my bank to confirm the transaction's. When we got to the hotel I found the room I had reserved was not the room I got even though the reciete clearly stated what I had reserved. The room was kept clean. the manager was rude and avoided my question's and from that point on avoided me completly. I will not stay at that hotel again and would not suggest it to anyone.

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
richardson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We are retired educators and were looking for a one night stay. We booked our room and then our husbands read the reviews and wanted us to get out of it. We called and found that it had recently been bought by a new person and that they were cleaning and renovating. We decided to chance it. Robbie and Tabitha were there to greet us, they are the receptionist and manager. The owner was in the premises and they all scurried around to get us the cleanest and safest room possible. Yes, it was old, but we had a delightful night on the Boardwalk, and a safe and comfortable night sleeping. Everything was nice and clean, and I know that we would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed in this motel last year and it has completely changed this time I stayed 3 days for my anniversary. Found out that the ownership changed and the new owners have flipped it upside down. Major changes have been done to the rooms and the service. Brand new AC units, Our room had a nice 32 inch LED TV Hotel Staff is excellent and the new owner is present 90% of the time saw him working on the property till late night and is very courteous and helpful and makes sure that the guests are happy during their stay. Asked for a extra pillow at 11 in the night and owner himself brought it to the room in less than 2 minutes. Very professional person and very professional staff. You would not get the luxury of Holiday Inn in this hotel but it is getting to a point that the Holiday Inn owners should be worried about the new management. The Free WIFI in the hotel is excellent and gives lightning speed internet i remember last time i stayed there i had to connect 4-5 times within an hour but this time it was the best that i ever got in any motel. The property is very clean and seems like they get the pressure washing done every month. I would give this motel 10 on 10 as compared to last year 3 on 10.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly as they have better rates than the booking engines
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We really wanted an inexpensive choice for just one night at Kema, and this barely passed, but I'm not sure we'd stay again. The bathroom light was out; the shower squealed loudly, the TV volume didn't work, the air conditioner smelled; there were stains on the walls; there was not enough shampoo for all three of us; the guys next door brought hookers to the room after midnight; the bedspreads were old and smelled; the baseboards were dirty; the only table in the room was off balance. All in all, though, clean sheets and a working sink and toilet - plus a coffee machine!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night in June and found the place just great, location was perfect for the boardwalk, we were shown the king room and it was very clean and huge, reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Yes its not 5star luxury but brillint for the price

Room Tip: Ask to see room first.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lumberton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I recently stayed one night here . The hotel is in a great location . It is right across from the marina and within easy walking distance from the boardwalk . But the room was very dirty . The towels had hair stuck to them , and the shower had a green mold/ algae growing in it . The desk in the room was also almost broken in two . I could never recommend this hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: There is a new Holiday Inn very close . I will try it next time .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Passport Inn? Share your experiences!