“Not sure why the other reviews were so poor...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Inn

Seaside Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kemah
Seaside Inn
503 Bay Avenue, Kemah, TX 77565   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Kemah B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Not sure why the other reviews were so poor...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First, that picture showing a Motel 6-like bedroom is NOT the Seaside Inn. It should be taken down. I'll give what I think is a fair review of the place starting with:

We showed up early and were allowed to check in since the room hadn't been used the night before. Check in was quick and painless. The room (number 5) was large and included a full bathroom. Floors were that industrial, highly finished cement which gave the room a cold feel. It did have a rug, but could've used more to warm it up a bit. The ceiling was an amazing dark mahogany wood with ceiling fan. Loved that bit. The bed was huge and comfy, but I'm short and it could have used a step to get up on it! Not suited for the elderly, for sure.

The towels, indeed, were not fluffy. But they were adequate. I'm not there for the towels. I'm there for the views and the closeness to the Boardwalk (both were A+ by the way). Our room overlooked a beautiful green lawn and a full on view of the bay. There were large adirondack chairs on our deck area and a pier to walk down over the water.

The breakfast was pretty much an average continental breakfast. If you want a full breakfast at your B&B, I'd suggest asking before you book your B&B what it offers. The management was not visible on the property, but also wasn't needed in our case.

There were no instructions for the jacuzzi tub (coulda used some), but we figured it out. Actually, one of the main complaints I had was that there seemed to be very few electrical outlets in the room! There were a few extension cords throughout, but we needed outlets close to the bed, and they were not available.

One of the pluses was that there were bars just across the street that were very loud, but we slept quietly. The room was very well sound proofed. The walk to the Boardwalk was short (like, a block or two). Easily reached. Parking on the boardwalk can get expensive, but we didn't have to move the car.

The B&B had a common area and kitchen that was lovely. The views were breathtaking. It rained the weekend we were there, and we just loved sitting on the back patio and watching it rain over the water. All-in-all, I give this place a very decent rating.

Our cost, btw, was $150/night. I think that (for the location and the views) it was definitely worth it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Well the good news is the view and the great room. Both are first class and worth the money.
The rooms are dated and in need of some upgrades.
For example there was no WIFI ti be found. The light bulbs were 40 watts or less. The shower stall had no light . Very dark and annoying.

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Overall, this is a nice place (mainly because it's on the water) but definitely not the nicest. My wife and I stayed in Room 6 and enjoyed the close proximity to the Kemah boardwalk attractions.

For all the Longhorns fans out there, the sports bar across the street (Zone 504) gave us a great deal on pizza/drinks. Plus, they turned on the game for us WITH audio. Can't beat that.

There are a few downsides to the Seaside Inn:
1. This most definitely is not a traditional bed and breakfast. It's almost as if the owners are too cheap to cook an actual meal. The vending machine breakfast foods don't cut it, especially for the price for one night.
2. There definitely are some maintenance problems. The bathroom sink and jacuzzi have some drain issues (i.e. they are broken).
3. In going along with the owners cheap style, the 3 towels that were provided were old and raggedy. At home, we use towels like that for our dog. For $220 per night, I want a nice towel damnit.

In the end, I'm not sure if my wife and I will stay at a Kemah Bed and Breakfast Group room again (this includes the Captain's Quarters and Edgewater Inn). While the location is great, the owners need a reality check on their prices. The overall price is not a good deal for what you get.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a double jacuzzi, so that's a plus!