“Worthy eatery” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: near the boardwalk of Kemah
Gatesville, TX
“Worthy eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you love dining outside (under a solid covered roof and out of the elements) sipping inexpensive house wine, enjoying Mediterrean/Greek food then Bakkhus Taverna is your kind of place. The four of us (two couples) enjoyed the sun-dried tomato basil hummus with pita, shared two platters (gyros and the Greek Festival plate) and some happy hour wine. Our total bill was $60 for the four of us. The food was very good and gives you another choice in the Kemah area which has abundant seafood restaurants.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Webster, Texas
“Best GREEK food in Kemah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Don't eat on the boardwalk!! Walk a little down the road, if you like cheese set on fire!! The best food, healthy. My husband & I eat here almost weekly. SO Good!!! The greek salad is enough for two!!

Visited September 2012
Louisiana
“Enjoyed food and Olympics on 3 TV's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We ate lunch here. We had the hamburger that had pineapple in it and the burrito. Both were very good and tasty. Portions were also good. Enjoyed watching the Olympics on three monitors that helped past the time. The food took a little long to arrive, but overall experience was enjoyable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warren Cty VA
“It's not Greek to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've been here three times & I don't even live in Texas.
The service was adequate, & the food quality seems to have deteriorated since my previous visit of a year ago. Of the four of us,only one ate all her entree. We added a hummus plate to supplement a somewhat slow-to-arrive lunch,and it was by far the most garlicky hummus I have ever had,to the point of obliterating any other flavor.
I had a lackluster Gyro Platter,accompanied by cold fries. (Why fries? A salad would be fine.)

All in all, Bakkhus was underwhelming,I am sorry to say,as this is the favorite place of a dear friend,and I am bound to go there again on my next visit. And I want to have a better experience,if only for her sake.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“LOVE IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Lovely little Greek place. Good food, owned by real Greek people and real Greek recipes. It's a great place and the crab leg nights are awesome!!!!

Visited July 2011