“You will like it!” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #3 of 61 restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Excellent service and fantastic food. We tried the lamb, crab cakes, sea bass, mussels, seasoned bread-all were excellent and full portions. entertaining music and also a dance floor-
San Antonio
“You will like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you go ask for the Chilean Sea Bass, melts in your mouth.
The service is very good, our waiter was very accommodating and went out of his way to make us feel at ease and enjoy the meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Texas
“One of the best in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to this piano bar/restaurant for 20 years and can tell you it is my favorite spot in town. Claudio first owned the business the he partnered up with another Matt last year and opened Claudio and Matteo's Restaurant at another location. several of the posts below are posted to the Amadeus site when they should be posted to the Claudio and Matteo's site. Two entirely different restaurants.

Claudio is urgently playing piano at Amadeus for the past couple of months, but he is not affiliated with the restaurant other than as a musician.

The owner of Amadeus is Matt and I think he does a fine job. He is one of the few independent restaurant/bars that has been able to remain open in this past terrible economic times since the hurricane was up the the ceiling in that building,

I assure you his food is the freshest he can find and serves excellent food.

Abel plays the piano seven six nights a week and Claudio plays with him on the weekends.

It is a very friendly local establishment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“This over priced dive bar isn't worth your time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

First of all do not buy restaurant.com gift certificates and expect this place to honor them. They flatly refused to honor our gift certificate. Secondly we paid $80 a plate for valentines dinner and I've never been so disappointed in my life. The food was decent I had the lamb and my husband had the veil but overall the food was no where near as good as the $80 price tag made it seem. 3 courses the first was a salad and the last was a lumpy creme brûlée that I couldn't stomach. The main course was 4 lamb chops a bowl of mint jelly two small potatoes and a couple of carrots. The food wasn't only overpriced I felt as though I'd been robbed. Lastly this piano bar didn't have anyone at the piano. Everyone kept asking it was valentines day and the whole reason my husband and I chose this restaurant was because it was a piano bar. We kept being told the musician would be in stage at 7pm but we left at 7:45 and there wasn't music the entire time we were there. Avoid this place like the plague. It's a dive bar with dishonest management and owners that sell gift certificates and refuse to honor them. Do yourself a favor and go to one of the many good restaurants around Kemah and avoid this dive bar with the dead plants and half working Christmas lights.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“great entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Best entertainment around.Small establishment,but good food,nice people.Free valet parking.The name has changed to Amadeus Piano Bar,not Claudio's anymore. Claudio and Able still perform there and are great!!

Hewitt
“Good news/bad news”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by friends, so when we were in town they took us there. There's a dance floor and small stage on one side and lounge seating on the other side of a large square bar and a dining room behind that and off to the side. A couple of guys were singing and playing on the stage - and it was a little loud if you wanted to have a conversation. This is a locals place where an older crowd comes to hang out, dine, drink and dance. We sat in the bar's lounge area. The bartender(s) double as wait staff in that area, so our service was rather slow. Our server would get busy with drink orders and forget about us - parmesan and pepper flakes were offered to my husband for his pasta but were not brought until he was almost finished. A new glass of wine had to be requested twice and we had to go to the bar to request our bill and pay - after waiting for a good 15 minutes. As for the food - it was hit and miss. Three of us ordered the mussels. My bowl arrived with most of them open. One diner had a bowl of mostly closed, and therefore inedible ones while the other diner was about 50/50. They were the large plump variety, not the smaller firm ones I was expecting and I didn't like them much. I had a salad that was good and plenty large enough for two. My husband had pasta with Bolognese meat sauce and he liked it. He also had the escargot, which he shared and we all liked that. The first basket of bread was dry and tasted old - the second one was better. The friend with the bad bowl of mussels told the waitress, who sent someone else over who agreed to remove them from the bill and apologized. So the friends who raved and took us there were none too happy, but I would probably give it a second chance. I did notice that regulars get the red carpet treatment, whereas we were merely serviced.

• Visited November 2012