“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 Harris Avenue, Kemah, TX 77565   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Kemah
Austin, Texas
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Got a great deal on rooms so my son and I spent a weekend at the Kemah Boardwalk. This hotel was the perfect place to stay! We were within walking distance of the boardwalk and all the shops and didn't have to worry about the traffic. The room itself was clean, beds were comfy and the staff were all extremely nice and helpful. The manager called the room shortly after we arrived to make sure everything was ok. The TV remote wasn't working and he brought one up to us right away. Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted by the desk staff. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Johanna R, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us at the Holiday Inn Kemah. On behalf of our entire team we thank you!
Our goal is to provide with excellent service and pleasant memories; seems like our staff did that for you! When you are in the Kemah area again; stay with us. We are looking forward to serving you!
Ashley B.
Guest Services

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in Holiday Inn Kemah while away on business so got to know it pretty well. The hotel itself is lovely and modern, welcoming friendly staff and a good housekeeping service.The bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows (soft/ firm) and the blinds were good at keeping out the light. However, it was often VERY NOISY! I am a light sleeper at the best of times but had some difficulty here. Between the busy road, air-con, fridge and bathroom vents there was always some honking, humming or buzzing going on, and then there is T-bone Tom's just across the road. Great place to eat, live music, but no volume control and the windows did not keep out the sound. I could feel the bass pulsing through the building and my head. Not conducive to a good night sleep.

The fridge and microwave are useful but note that there are no kitchen utensils provided. If I wasn't keeping milk, water etc in the fridge I would have unplugged it to stop the noise.

Overall a pleasant stay and was glad to have entertainment nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Jema90 ;
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience during your recent stay. I want to assure you our Holiday Inn Kemah is very proud of its level of service; cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our Holiday Inn Kemah and welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. At your convenience; please feel free to call me at 281.334.0003.
I trust we can regain your confidence in our Holiday Inn Kemah!
Ashley B.
Guest Services
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Stayed in a 2 queen bed room that was handicap accessible with a tub. Only eight rooms in hotel with tubs. Only one with 2 beds. Nice corner room. Restaurant in hotel did not seem equipped to handle many people. Also closed at 1: pm on Saturday and reopened in evening. Waited on patio for service and never saw anyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest;
Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed our location and we truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service.

However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Baton Rouge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business meeting I had in Texas City. I arrived and was warmly greeted. I checked-in with no problem. The room was spacious and clean. It was very modern. I had a comfortable night sleep. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is very close to many cafes and restaurants. Great area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest;
We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Once again; thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

At your service;

Forney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've never reviewed a hotel before but this one was so nice I had to take the time to add a comment. We had to book a room for 1 night before a cruise. The hotel was fabulous, clean and fresh. Walking distance to the boardwalk. Will return for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at the Holiday Inn Kemah. On behalf of our entire team, I thank you.
Our goal is to provide with excellent service and a hotel that our guests loves! With the many hotels you have to choose from, we are glad you stayed with us. Please come and visit us again when you are in the Kemah area, we want to serve you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nothing lavish, but definitely nice for a Holiday Inn. The short walk to the Boardwalk isn't bad at all. We looked into staying at the hotel on the grounds of the Boardwalk, but think they charge too much and decided that we didn't want to spend the extra money---we'd spend it on other stuff! Clean room, pool, and grounds. Would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, September 16, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice new Holiday Inn within walking distance (4-5 blocks) from Boardwalk. Checkin in was quick and the have a small, well stocked "Inn store" with a good variety of snacks and necessities. The hotel's decor is more contemporary than other Holiday Inns and very pretty. It was clean and all staff friendly. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave, which is especially nice when traveling with kids. The pool was small but perfect for just a place to cool off. We didn't have time to eat at the on site restaurant, Sporting News, but it looked like a cool place to eat or hang out at the bar area. We were only able to come to Kemah for one night and I lucked out with a Groupon deal for this hotel. I think it is worth full price if you'd like to stay somewhere within walking distance of Boardwalk. We will definitely stay here again, on our next trip to Kemah! Groupon or not ;)

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest;
Our goal is to provide with excellent service and a hotel that our guests love! With the many hotels you have to choose from, we are glad you stayed with us. Please come and visit us again when you are in the Kemah area, we want to serve you again.

Johanna Rinze-Blissit

Been to Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)? Share your experiences!