“Convenient place to stay, restaurant not so much” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 Harris Avenue, Kemah, TX 77565   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Kemah
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Convenient place to stay, restaurant not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This HI is still fairly new. Located near the Kemah Boardwalk area, there are enough good restaurants in walking distance to keep one well fed. Plenty of small shops, etc. to keep interest level up while taking a stroll. Getting out onto the hwy in the AM was a bit challenging, until I learned to go down a couple of blocks to the light, then no problems. Staff were cheerful, pleasant and helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant took entirely too long, appeared to be only one wait person. Hotel maybe should think about a buffet arrangement to speed business folks along. Not everyone has an hour or more to linger.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, April 25, 2013
On behalf of our entire team we thank you for your kind and positive comments. It is our passion to deliver excellent service and superior experiences.

I have shared with our Food & Beverage Manager your experience while visiting our Sporting News Grill.

We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future, thank you for taking the time to write about us!

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms were outstanding and spacious. We rented two rooms. A hancicapped room for my dad and a two Queen bed room for myself and my husband, and my son and his wife. There is a nice bar area in the room with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Although the coffee maker didn't work right in my dad's room. The service in the restaurant downstairs was adequate, but not outstanding. It was happy hour and we sat ourselves outside. There was no one available to wait on us so I went inside to the bar area. After I ordered our drinks, the waitress showed up. So, maybe she was on break or in the bathroom. My son said the pitcher of beer I ordered for him and his wife was not Buglight so he took it back to the bartender who according to him argued with him. She ultimately replaced the pitcher of beer and he said it was the right brand. The front desk personnel upon check in and check out were very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is in an excellent location, clean and a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, April 2, 2013
On behalf of our Management Company and our entire team, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Comments likes yours keep us aiming for excellence!

I have shared your experience with our Food & Beverage Department and on their behalf I do apologize for the experience.

Looking forward to serving you in the near future;

Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in Kemah two nights during Spring Break. Originally we tried to book the Boardwalk Inn but they nearly doubled their rates during this time so we stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn and am really glad we did. They had a reasonable rate and was still only a 5-10 minute walk to the Kemah Boardwalk and all the rides, restaurants and carnival games.

The hotel had a very new appearance with a big aquarium in the lobby. The rooms were nice and had contemporary, updated décor. The bathrooms were nice (my daughter really liked the electric blue sink and counters) and the shower was especially large.

Overall an updated, extremely clean place that was a short walk from the boardwalk and a 10 minute drive to Johnson Space Center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, March 18, 2013
On behal of our entire Team; I thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience during your recent visit to our property. We are glad you enjoyed your visit!

Comments like yours is what makes us work harder and with a great attiude to achieve superior service.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice, clean, roomy, modern rooms. Great helpful staff, no complaints. Very close to boardwalk, can walk if you prefer. Only used room, did not go to on site restaurant or other amenities. Gota great rate, so it was definitely worth it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the weekend with the kids. Actually still here. Last night had a good time at the bar while the kids played games in the room. Spent the day at the boardwalk and ate at t-bone toms..omg so good! A little annoyed they charged our credit card 50 bucks a night for damage deposit and didnt mention it at check in. Also didnt get clean towels until 3pm. Other than that had a good time..comfy beds , room was big enough and the kids enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Ms. Mueller;

Thank you for your recent review and your sentiments about our Hotel, reading your experience is very important for us.

I apologize for the delay with fresh terry, sometimes we do experience problems that make our service get away from Superior Guest Experiences.

I am glad you were able to experience our Sporting News Grill, it's a great place to relax after a long day at the Kemah Boardwalk.

On behalf of our team, I thank you for the review and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

BATON ROUGE, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Arrived on business for a conference, the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself looks new and is very clean. The rooms were relatively large with flat screen tv, cable and free wifi. I wouldn't exactly go on my honeymoon there but it was a very nice hotel for a weekend with the family on the boardwalk. I've stayed at the Boardwalk hotel and you could tell it has been there a little while and needs a little attention.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Johanna R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk), responded to this review, February 11, 2013

Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked a King Suite for a romantic anniversary trip... was a lil disappointed. Their Bay view left a lot to be desired. It was close to the boardwalk (but not really an easy walk) which had great restraunts.. No romantic baths for 2 as there was only a shower... but it is a great place to stay if youre taking kids to visit the Boardwalk.. conveniently located between Houston and Galveston.. We did a lot of sight seeing and visiting relatives so this was a great "base camp"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit last December. I do agree with you, our king suites are more suitable for families, and I am sorry your romantic weekend did not go as you expected. I am glad you had time to visit and spend time with families.

If you have plans to come to our area in the near future, please make sure to contact me directly to make your reservations and celebrate your Anniversay again.

Thank you for staying with us, I am looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

At your service;

Been to Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)? Share your experiences!