“I was surprised in a good way” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Flower Mound, Texas
“I was surprised in a good way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have to admit I was totally surprised when I saw the rooms in this hotel, I always had the bad idea about Super 8 but this one in particular in near League city/Kemah on I-45 I have to say it exceeded my expectations. Rooms were so big and nice and most of all clean. Breakfast was ok, normal like any other hotel in the same category but rooms were excellent. Location is also convenient since it is located right by 1-45. We were going in a cruise and hotels in Galveston were very expensive during the weekend so we decided to stay in Kemah and drive next day to Galveston and it was an wise choice. We to Kemah board walk that night and next day we left to Galveston to take our CRUISE.
I will stay in that hotel again,
Rate was super excellent $56/nt.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kemah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The hotel, the whole hotel, needs a good cleaning. Dining area was dirty; there was no "real" fresh fruit". There was milk spillage from the day before on the counter, and there were little bugs around the syrup.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kemah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The pictures online were good, the reviews were mixed. The only two pros I have for this place is A) it is less than half the price of other hotels in Kemah and B) it's a place to sleep.

We got to the Super 8 and things were going well. They said they had a pool, a hot tub, a fitness room, and breakfast. Great! Right before we left the front counter the guy said you might not want to use the hot tub, it's pretty nasty. We shrugged and left to the room.

We got on the elevator and it stunk, it was an odd stench. We got out on our floor and it stunk there too. Like rotten Indian food. The carpets were nasty, someone needs to rip it out. We got to the room and it smelled a little like smoke. The blanket threading was taken apart on top in many places. I'm not a complainer, none of this really bothers me that much. I went to take a shower in the morning and there was mold on the bottom of the shower curtain. The "white" towels had some splotches on them. We went down to look at the pool and the hot tub was indeed greenish. The pool had TONS of chlorine in it, to the point it had a whiteish tint to it and the smell was very strong. The fitness room has a cheap treadmill and a small weight machine. The room is tiny, like a one person gym. And it STUNK, I couldn't stand to be in there.

On to the breakfast. Their gourmet breakfast included a waffle machine, some yogurt, and some cereal. This is fine... I wasn't expecting eggs, biscuits and gravy, ect, because I wasn't at Holiday Inn. The waffle iron refused to cook the waffle all the way. It was still gooey in the middle. I tried cooking it for longer but it just beeped. The waffle was sour. It was VERY obvious that premixed waffle mix was spoiled.

Really guys? Maybe if there were only one or two problems on this list we would be ok, but really? Everything I stated here was VERY obvious if you would just open your eyes.

It's also obvious that these people do not care about their hotel. I stayed here because there were some five star reviews, but I was skeptical because of so many one star reviews. Like I said, I'm not a picky person. I just need a place to sleep. At the very least we had a king suite - I expect not to have a moldy shower curtain.

Pay a little more for a nicer hotel. The better hotels are also closer to the water/closer to the boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Days Inn Kemah? Share your experiences!