“Excellent service and yummy food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 63 restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: On the corner of the canal and Oak Road which is the main entrance to Clear Lake Shores just before the bridge into Clear Lake Shores, a small community on the lake.
Houston, Texas
“Excellent service and yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Service and food were Excellent! Michael T provided suggestions and took care of us, making sure everything was perfect. my husband thoroughly enjoyed his 8 oz. filet , and my snapper Charlie Brown was succulent , topped with mushrooms, artichoke and lump crabmeat. The sides of cream of spinach and potatoes were great. My only regret is that I had no room left for bananas foster!

Visited April 2013

87% Recommend
“Lovely evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great dinner and wonderful service!!! The food was fresh and delicious. Our server Michael was so helpful and nice! We sat on the patio and really enjoyed the evening!

“Great waterfront dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great food and wine on the water. Prices are reasonable for the quality and service. The wait staff are excellent. Beautiful interior. Has seating outside,inside,and upstairs.

• Visited March 2013
Texas
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant. It's waterfront so you can sit outside if you wish. The owners have years of restaurant exp erience and it shows in the high quality of service and food.

There is also a nice bar where locals meet to have a drink and even eat at the bar,

The room is exquisitely decorated . Very classy.

• Visited February 2013
Rosenberg
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband & I took our daughter for her 23rd birthday and her boyfriend to dinner at Opus Bistro. We had spent a few hours on Kemah's boardwalk earlier that day debating on which restaurant to have dinner. Since we are no longer enamored with Landry's food, we decided to check out something different. I have to say upon arrival at Opus Bistro, we weren't sure about entering because first off we weren't sure where the entrance was. The entrance door resembled a "speak easy" without the peep hole, but we all decided to go in and check it out. The moment we walked in, our minds were set at ease. The dining room was tastefully decorated & furnished along with beautiful, large windows along the entire exterior wall overlooking a small body of water with boats. Our waiter, Kevin, was very informative, friendly & accommodating. As an appetizer, my daughter ordered the roasted fruit salad but since she is allergic to strawberries they substituted for another fruit. She mentioned giving a bite of her salad to her boyfriend so when Kevin brought out 2 salads for them, we thought how nice. My husband ordered the french onion soup and I mentioned I would just taste his. Kevin brought out 2 separate bowls of soup for us (wow, didn't expect that)! The four of us thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers! For dinner, my daughter & her boyfriend both had the red snapper with crabmeat & shrimp which they truly enjoyed. My husband had the ribeye topped with shrimp & crabmeat which was broiled to perfection of medium rare with crispy edges. I ordered the angel hair pasta with shrimp and scallops. Since I'm not a huge fan of scallops, I was allowed to substitute for crabmeat. My dish was delicious and loaded with crabmeat! The portion size was way more than I could eat and had to get the rest to go. The red wine was a Santa Carolina (Chilean), and was GREAT! From the excellent service & food (which was priced very resonable), we had the most enjoyable evening and will DEFINITELY be back!

• Visited February 2013