“Kids had a blast at the Cool Zone” 5 of 5 stars

Houston CityPass
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Kemah
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40-acre waterfront area with rides and entertainment for the whole family.
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kids had a blast at the Cool Zone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

My family loves Kemah. And we love coming back...whenever we have out of town guests, this is the place we take them to. Just an hour ride from Houston, with a lot to see and do.

Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wannabe Carnival with an ocean view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I thought this place would be pretty cool. What a waste! I could have stayed on the beach in Galveston for FREE and had more fun. Prices are insane, $20 for a handstamp and like maybe 3 or 4 decent rides? Really? I've had a better time for less at my local state fair. Then you have to drive for an hour to get a parking spot. After you park then you have to walk for 15-20 minutes. What a waste of time...I guess the people that have fun here have never been to a state fair, carnival, or anywhere that has real rides and more than 5 of them. There's also no curly fries, corn dogs, cotton candy or anything else that a real carnival has. Instead you get franchise restaurants with even more inflated prices because of the foot traffic.

Baytown, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rock the Dock, Rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband and I go to Rock the Dock concert series at Kemah Boardwalk most Thursdays during the summer months. We love the family atmosphere. Yes there is usually an eclectic crowd there, but a little diversity never hurt anyone. The cover bands that they have are usually very good (Our favorites are Rat Ranch and The Slag). Anyway, its a great place to people watch, If you have little ones, they can play in the spray park that is in the middle of the plaza, while you listen to music. If you have teenagers they can venture off to the carnival rides, so you don't have to listen to them complain about your music! Usually around 8:00 p.m. everyone is dancing in front of the stage. Bring your folding chairs. We love it!

League City, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Felt like a kid again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed the boardwalk for our 5th year anniversary. I thought this was such a cute mini-Coney Island. If you go into this knowing the whole thing is basically a permanent state fair, you won't be disappointed. This is no Disney World. The wristbands are the way to go! We rode all the interesting rides and LOVED the Boardwalk Bullet! Very fast and scary! Like any other amusement park, you can spend WAAAAAAAAY too much money, so know that going in and plan accordingly. The junk food was great. I left sticky and tired, just like a kid!

Visited March 2011
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Kind of like going to the mall, but with a roller coaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

On the advice of a friend we stopped in Kemah on return from Galveston. We were looking for a relaxing place to sit by the water and have dinner.

Traffic was terrible and parking was non-existent when we arrived at 4:30 on a recent Saturday afternoon. At this time we were regretting not doing a little research before we got there--restaurants were mall parking lot chains/franchises--Saltgrass, Landry's, Cadillac Bar, Joe's Crab Shack... Nothing local or unique and hardly worth the effort of parking and traffic.

The masses of teenagers hanging on each other at the roller coaster and the other rides just amplified our regret of stopping.

Visited March 2011