“Nice hotel - some issues” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Kemah Waterfront, Kemah, TX 77565   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lemont, Illinois
“Nice hotel - some issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler I reached the Boardwalk Inn later in the evening. I was very satisfied with the comfortable room and helpful staff, but was quickly disappointed to find out that there were no restaurants or anything at all open within walking distance in the boardwalk (everything closed at 10pm). The next morning a maintenance staff was out pressure-washing the fountain area which was right outside my room. All in all the stay was fine, the room was clean and comfortable, but for future visits I might opt for a more conventional hotel with a few more amenities.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Hotel and the Kemah Boardwalk. During the Fall and Winter months the restaurants on the Boardwalk do close at 10pm but stay open till 11pm on Friday and Saturdays, during the spring and summer months some selected restaurants on the Boardwalk may stay open till 11:30pm . We apologize if we did not meet the expectation of restaurant operating hours, we will certainly share your comments with our Senior Staff on the Boardwalk Operations side. We will also share the issue with the pressure washers starting too early on the plaza side of the hotel, we will make every effort to correct this, we certainly understand our guests comfort during the early morning hours. Thank you for the opportunity and hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Dalia Pena- General Manager- Boardwalk Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, very cute, older hotel. Staff was very nice and friendly. Rooms were spacious. Beds were very comfortable. Hotel is not very large, but is right on the boardwalk. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review, sounds like you and your family had lot of fun times during your visit! Will share with our wonderful staff! Come back and visit soon.

Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for two nights mid-week. We arrived around two hours before check-in but were able to check-in early without problem.

Upon entering the hotel from the car park I was impressed with the cleanliness and with the decor...it was all just lovely, with a definite seaside theme running throughout...and there was even a really nice smell about the place, seriously!

The lady who checked us in was very polite and helpful - and when we went up to our room we discovered that we'd been given a free upgrade to a suite (the hotel was rather quiet when we were there, which is why I think we got lucky)?!!!

What can I say? Our room was just fabulous! We had a massive bedroom area with a king-sized bed and an en suite bathroom, and two separate balconies. Then down the hallway (yes, our suite had its very own hallway) there was an archway leading into a lounge area - complete with sofa and bar area. There was also a second bathroom and a third balcony. We were just spoilt for choice really :-)

The bed was incredibly comfy, and we both enjoyed two nights of deep sleep. The room was right opposite the water fountains and the stage, but there were no performances whilst we were there and the fountains stopped spurting somewhere in between 9pm and 10pm.

We also made use of the hotel's pool. I never saw anyone else in it - it was like having our own private pool (maybe it was part of our suite ;-)). The pool was heated, which was nice - and the jacuzzi section was like a hot bath, which was bliss (we used it on an evening when the sun was setting and the outside temperature had dipped a little).

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant or bar, but I don't think this is needed since there are so many eateries around the boardwalk. We used the grille next door for breakfast, which did great breakfast croissants!

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay (which I'm certain we would have done even if we'd been in a regular room). I'd totally recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the boardwalk, it's so easy to find, to get parked up, and best of all it's convenient for going on the rides and visiting the restaurants on the boardwalk! :-)

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feed back! Its great to come in on a Monday and read such great reviews from our guests! We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed the suite and all the offerings of the Kemah Boardwalk, we hope we will become a frequent destination for you and your family when ever your travels bring you to our area.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Let me say first that I believe a business is measured by how they respond to any issue whether small or large it may be. I previously wrote a review of this hotel and highly praised the staff, the beautiful rooms and breathtaking view. I did have one small issue that I wrote about and to my surprise, I was contacted directly by the hotel. The hotel manager went way out of her way to ensure that my issue was resolved to my complete satisfaction. My fiance and I were treated so very special by the front desk and all of the staff. Each time we walked by the desk, the staff also greeted us. Our room, I mean our suite was breathtaking in itself. We had a wonderful view of the boardwalk. We did take time to do a little walking but the room was so nice, we decided to stay inside most of the time and just enjoy ourselves with our wonderful accomodations.
I have to give special thanks to Dalia Pena who is the general manager of the Kemah Boardwalk!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and our exceptional staff, we truly enjoy hearing from our guests and their experience. Our suites are great and sounds like you loved it , we hope you will visit again in the near future and enjoy the many events we have on the Boardwalk as many are so much fun and entertaining. It was my pleasure to host you and yours and hope that you will continue to choose our hotel as the hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you and your family to the Kemah area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The front desk, cleaning and maintenance employees were wonderful! So helpful and accommodating. We had a great time, the location is amazing. I suggest taking the horse drawn carriage to explore off the boardwalk too :)

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your great review of all our Staff and our property, We agree our location is amazing! So happy you enjoyed the Boardwalk and surrounding areas!
Come back and see us soon!

Allen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived at this wonderful hotel on a Monday and were promptly greeted by the most pleasant staff that we have ever dealt with. To our surprise we were selected as the 'guests of the day' which made this day even more pleasant! The location is great, parking is free, the rooms are quite comfortable, and there is really nothing negative about this place. Everything is within walking distance and there are several restaurants in the area to select from. IF there was one thing that was a bit of annoyance was a lack of drapes to darken the room at night, but otherwise we will without a doubt stay here again and again. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Seems like any room is a great room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and our wonderful staff , we have a great team and our property is a great place to stay and enjoy the Boardwalk. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your special recognition as "Guest of the Day" , we hope you will visit again when ever your travels bring you to Kemah. We have been working on the Window coverings with our development team, we are hoping to get this resolved sometime in the very near future.

Come back and see us soon,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was a breath of fresh air. I am sure there could be problems when the hotel is fully booked, and the staff might be more frazzled and kids might be running all over the place, but we went after Labor Day and got a gorgeous room at a steal of a price. When we actually checked in, I asked for a second room so that we could have a bit more room for the kids and they were nice enough to grant a second room at the excellent book-ahead price I had reserved for the first room. The check in was professional and efficient and she made reservations for us at the Aquarium Restaurant and all was well. The location can't be beat if youintend to spend any time at the boardwalk and the rooms themselves were clean and neat. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were roomy. Amenities were nice and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

I enjoyed complimentary wi fi and parking, something we had not had on our trip to date.

I would definitely recommend this place and stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dalia P, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, we love hearing our guests had a great time! Will be sure to share your great comments with all our staff!
Come back and visit soon when ever your travels bring you and your family to Kemah.

Dalia Pena- General Manager- Boardwalk Inn

Been to Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!