“Very poor quality of food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 109 Restaurants in Keller
Cuisines: Mexican
Texas
“Very poor quality of food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

It's hard for me to rank places poor or terrible, because I truly like non chain restaurants to succeed. My issue stems from the quality of the food. The only reason this place didn't get terrible was due to the fact of a sweet server who allowed that not to happen. I sit down and receive prompt service in drink order, but when chips and salsa come, everything goes down for me. The chips were so stale and could tell that they were not fresh. I ordered pastor tacos and I could see the line cook constantly opening the microwave and heating small bags of food. When I see that, I can tell that they have lost respect of freshness. I'm surprised on how quickly my plate arrives and immediately see how dry the meat looks. I taste a small piece of meat and it was so dry and had no flavor. The sides are the same, tasteless. I finished my ice tea, paid my ticket and last time to visit. It boggles my mind that management allows food to leave the kitchen, knowing the quality is not what the customers should be receiving. Lastly, this restaurant is ranked too high in my opinion.

Visited June 2014

Fairfield, Ohio
“Looks like a dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I probably would have passed this by (as I have so many times), but a friend brought me here for lunch. What a pleasant surprise! Good food and friendly service make it a winner.

Visited May 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“...IT'S JUST GETS BETTER EVRY WEEK......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

For over a year I felt I found the diamond in Keller. Outstanding food, attentive service and a real Mexican restaurant circus. In that year.... The patio has gotten better. The food better. A staff that has NEVER has had a crossed word... Yes I understand Spanish...Now... breakfast on weekends.....An incredible breakfast this past Saturday. Does not matter what it was it was perfect. Want something a bit deferent... If they can they will. I am having my daughters graduation dinner here. That is how good and value priced this restaurant is. Don't miss the Wedding Cake. Made fresh by the owners mother,,,,,, Breakfast, lunch, dinner or special event. You won't go wrong. THE #1 Mexican Restaurant in the Keller, Roanoke, Southlake area

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Meh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

After reading the reviews of this place below, my wife and I decided to get food here one night for our family. There was nothing bad about it, there just was nothing we found to be good either. The food was the most bland mexican food we've ever eaten in our lives, and we've eaten a ton of mexican food. The salsa was suffice, but again very bland. The chicken tasted as though it was stewed with no seasoning, then rolled into the corresponding item (enchilada, quesadillas, and flautas in our case), with no seasoning. Needless to say, we were very disappointed and will not return. Nothing against the people running the place, but bland mexican food is not for us.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Keller, Texas
“Great Fresh Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I love this place. It's a great, small, family owned and operated restaurant with fresh ingredients and awesome food. We eat here at least once a week and everyone we bring to eat here loves it as well. The queso is wonderful and the salsa is made right there in the kitchen.

• Visited August 2013