“Avoid this one...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Lawrence, Kansas
“Avoid this one...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have eaten at several different Outback Steakhouses, most in the Kansas City area. This by far is the worst Outback I have ever eaten at. First off the bar ran out of every draft beer and couldn't figure how to tap the new kegs. Food was mediocre at best. Vegetables were way overcooked. Steak was cooked as ordered (medium rare) but was poor cut of meat. I got the unlimited shrimp deal and they wouldn't let me get grilled shrimp only fried, scampi, buffalo. Not the end of the world but I wanted grilled darn it. Service was average to below average; seemed to take along time to get things and the restaurant was relatively empty. Waitress was slightly disrespectful to my out of country co-workers. Would not recomend and will not go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Good Steak, Salmon too.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Outback is pretty consistent with their steaks and bread, but tonight the Salmon was great! Grilled and not too dry. I know where to go if I have a taste for Salmon if I'm in the vicinity. The server mixed up on one of my diners' orders, and they gave a complimentary baked sweet potato. That was very impressive. My wife requested creamy horseradish. The server had the kitchen make some from scratch. Impessive again. I've been to many Outbacks around the country, and would add this one as one of my favorites.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Disappointment with a side disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We weren't asked if we wanted to be sat in the bar. We both ordered filets. One was 1/2" thick and 6" around and the other a proper filet shape. The first bar waiter said it looked like a sirloin but then when I explained I ordered a filet it was " oh, on a medium, the weights smash it down." Then the manager insisted it was due to their filets all being hand cut. One waitress called me "Baby" and one just pointed and grunted at my tea glass to get me to hand it over for refilling. If you want a "steakhouse," I would try somewhere else.

Visited April 2013
Katy, Texas
“Call Ahead Seating?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We took the children to outback steakhouse on Friday night. Before we got in the car to leave at 6:03 pm we called ahead for a 6:15 arrival. When we arrived, the manager whispered to the seating lady to give us a buzzer. We sat down and watched person after person whom had arrived before and after us get seated. My husband got up after about 30 minutes –and asked the manager when it was our turn. He explained we had called ahead. The lady said I'm sure we'll be seating you next. Three more groups were taken back and finally we were given a booth. The service was good the food Only so so. I had the mixed grill. It was very over cooked.
We were disappointed because we waited for forty five minutes. We finally got our food at 7:30 pm. Needless to say, our 4, 7, and 9 year olds were starving by then.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Only so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to many an Outback, This one didn't do any thing for me.
One steak had to send a steak back so they could finish cooking it. Probably below average for Outback Steakhouse.

Visited August 2012