“Had a great experience - then a horrible one” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 414 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Chinese
Katy, Texas
“Had a great experience - then a horrible one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ordered delivery when we first moved here and it was awesome! We thought we had discovered quite a find. A few weeks later we order lunch for take out. The first few bites were great but then I discovered a couple feathers in my meal and my husband a stick. As good as our first meal was I just can't bring myself to give it another try after the second experience.

Visited August 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great Lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch, good value, right sized portions. I especially enjoyed the fried rice, crispy crab puffs and egg drop soup. I was with a group and they were very nice about handling seperate checks with no extra charge. The sweet and sour chicken was good, and the other entrees served were very generous. This was my first visit but others in our group were long time customers. Can't wait to go back, I want to try the lo mein and ribs. Good service, low noise level, plenty of parking.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, TX
“Great local Chineese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife fell in love when she walked in and smelled the food. The pot-stickers were large and well-seasoned. The eggrolls were crispy with a light, crispy wrapping. We split the Tripple Delight. Wonder presentation and very flavorful. The owner welcomed us and gave tips on to reheat the pancakes for the Mu Shi Pork. Steam, do not microwave them. Friendly staff. We wil definetely go back.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
houston tx
“you must tip really good or no delivery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

been ordering from this place for years all of a sudden no delivery why I was told not enough tip (I give 4.00 or 5.00 dollars ) even when they forgot the lemon sauce for the lemon chicken TWICE , food is good there, there is a 25.00 dollar min . so everyody in williams burg parrish (new and old Parrish) no delivery I was told 2 1/2 mile delivery area but she also told me about the tips >

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“This has become our favorite for Chinese dine-in and take-out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We were reluctant to return to this restaurant after 10 years or so (when it was Hong Kong Garden) because it was just so plain/bland back then. People in the last year have been commenting about how good China Cottage was, and we realized it was in the same location as the old restaurant. So we gave it a try and dined in.

The food is really good, if a bit over the top with garlic in some dishes. But the ingredients all seem fresh and flavorful. The service is good, not overly-attentive but not lacking either. Sometimes we just don't want to drive and dine and we want take-out. Our only wish is that China Cottage would offer delivery.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere