“Nothing Special Here Everything OK” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 383 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: American
texas
“Nothing Special Here Everything OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Food OK but nothing special. Everything was just average for the service and the food. Nothing much to complain about but nothing to make one go back for a second time. Have eaten at several different Cheddar's over the years, some of them have been better and some worse than this location. If one is out to cure only hunger, this will do the job. If one wants something more
than production line style cooking, they need to look elsewhere

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clovis, New Mexico
“Not much good here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent months trying to get into this restaurant but the line was always really long so I guessed it must be really good and kept trying. What a disappointment!

For starters the waitress was far too casual and flippant. I usually tip 20% or more but cut her back to 10% for her poor mannerisms.We even had to ask for water.

My wife ordered a dish that was supposed to be a New Orleans specialty but despite being born and living a great deal of my life in N.O., I had never tasted anything remotely like it before.

Then I ordered the old Texas standby: chicken fried steak. It was terrible. The steak didn't seem to have been tenderized and the batter it was fried in was nothing like any flour covered steak I had ever had before.

In one good item, they brought out a margarita for my wife that was huge! And it wasn't even the "Grande" size. Guess they make up in drinks what they lack in food prep.

I don't want to dismiss them as terrible without giving it at least one more shot. I mean, so many people must be going there for a reason.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa
“Slow but worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went here for lunch and the service was extremely slow but the food is always great. They were also having some issue with the air conditioning because it was really hot when we arrived and freezing by the time we left. I was glad I brought a jacket. I had the Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa. It was fantastic! It comes with grilled shrimp and an awesome spicy cocktail sauce. I got it with my favorite Cheddar's green beans. So despite the slow service and bi-polar temperature I will still go back.

• Visited March 2013