“Little Place, Big Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Houston
“Little Place, Big Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I visited Ephesus Grill in Katy this weekend for dinner because we were looking to eat somewhere different than our usual Saturday night haunts in Katy. The whole experience was lovely. The waiter was so gracious and made suggestions after we let him know it was our first time. We had Turkish wine, the feta cheese appetizer, sheperd's salad (enough for at least two people), the filet/chicken kabobs and the cabbage rolls. The waiter was very nice to bring us a custard-like desert that we shared that was very light and refreshing. Everything we had was seasoned perfectly-we loved everything about the meal. My husband also tried a Turkish coffee to end the meal and he really liked it! It's served in a tiny teacup and comes sweetened to your liking--super strong too!

It's a small place, very neat and clean with pleasing warm colors/decor. They have about 12 tables. The place was pretty busy as well which indicates it has some loyal patrons.

In summary, give this little restaurant a try if you haven't already. It's worth the drive as well if you don't live in Katy. It's really nice to go to a restaurant where you can hear people quietly talking at their table but not the blah blah of a hundred people in a big restaurant. They also play culturally appropriately music (Turkish?)...which adds to the experience. Try it! We'll be back...

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Katy, Texas
“Paul's Journey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Love the lunch menu. Reasonably priced and tasty food. Don't know if the air conditioner was out the last time we went but it was hot in the restaurant.

Visited August 2012
Katy, Texas
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I loved the appetizers - we ordered the small one that comes with 5 different choices. Ground lamb is also delicious. We are definitely coming back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Great Lunch Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I have been to Ephesus several times now and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. We have always gone for lunch on Saturday or Sunday. I find the lunch special to be a pretty good value, and it is offered 7 days a week, which is good for those of us that don't work in the area. For $8.95, you choose between the sheppard's salad or red lentil soup (both always good), plus either a sandwhich, hot entree, or two cold appetizers, plus your choice of soft drink. Bread is also brought to the table along with an olive oil and zatar mixture. I'm not sure why another reviewer thought the prices were high... maybe they went for dinner (I cannot attest to their non-lunch time prices). I will agree that the decor isn't much to look at, but the dining room is tastefully decorated. They usually have Turkish music playing as well, which is nice. In my opinion, the falafel sandwich and gyro sandwich are both very good, and the lamb sish sandwich is alright but not my favorite; I have yet to stray from those three options.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“OK Food. Service good. Prices a bit high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family of 4 went last week. My meal was very tasty, my kids said there's was just ok (I agree i tated it too) and my wife liked hers okay. the prices seemed a bit high and the dining room was rather small and the decor not particularly interesting. Much nicer Middle Eastern decor and lower prices at the new Syrian restaurant further south on the West side of Mason Rd.
I din't get a real family ownership feel like i do at three other Katy middle eastern restauarnts (a cafe near Target, the lebanese restuarant further south on Mason and the Syrian restauarant mentioned above. The employess did all seem to be from Turkey though but the owner wasn't to be seen here unlike the other three. Ephesus is more of sitdwon place instead of a place where you order at the counter and sit down but the food didn't seem better than those three places. All in all, not bad but i probably won't go back due to the higher cost.

• Visited May 2012