“La Cucina Divina!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: the phone # is 281-828-1191
Houston, Texas
“La Cucina Divina!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Coming from Detroit with its plethora of Italian eateries like Larco's or Café Cortina, I grew up taking such top notch food for granted. Then I moved to work in Houston and I understood how lucky I was to grow up where I did. Poor Houstonians have only a handful of real authentic southern Italian restaurants. People need to keep this place in mind. Rocco and his crew are the best, food and service. The servers, mostly veteran waiters from the busy streets of Brooklyn and Manhattan, make you feel like family. I recommend the gnocchi, which Rocco hand rolls himself. Forget downtown, come here!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Texas
“Best Italian food in Katy and possibly Houston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is my go-to place for restaurants serving Italian. There is no comparison in Houston. I travel to Italy every year and the food is absolutely authentic. I am Sicilian, and without a doubt, this is the closest to my grandmother's kitchen I've found. Rocco comes in and makes the food daily. You cannot get fresher. The dishes I love are the fried calamari, lasagna, seafood ravioli, linguini con vongole, and the best meatball sub you've ever tasted. Everything I've had there over the years has been worth coming back for. When I was teaching in Katy, even my students requested their annual dinners at Rocco's - up to 20+ students at a time. Rocco's has always provided us with great food and incredible service. This is a must in Katy restaurants. It's also the only place I know where I can speak Italian with the staff! How much more authentic can you get? Thank you, Rocco, for providing a great dining experience!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best Italian food in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

If you are a fan of Carrabas or the Olive Garden, this is not your Italian Restaurant. My family is from southern Italy, as is Rocco the owner so the food here is very familiar to me. It is the best Italian food I have had in the 3 years I have lived in Texas. This is the real deal, right down to the homemade desserts. The bread, and entrees are delicious. The four of us in the party all chose something different, from veal, shrimp, chicken parmesan and ravioli. All outstanding. Yes, as the other reviews stated, a little pricey, but this isn't the crap you eat at the Olive Garden, this is authentic. Dinner for the four of us, including desserts, no alcohol, came to $85. Well worth the quality. We are making this our Sunday family spot.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas, USA
“good simple italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We love this place, seems to be family run, easy for us to get to, has good solid italian food.Staff are always friendly to us.

Visited November 2013
Katy, Texas
“Nice, quiet and good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our family has enjoyed this wonderful little restaurant for several years. This is simply a charming old fashion Italian restaurant - not a franchise restaurant like Olive Garden etc. Basic and delicious Italian food at a reasonable price. By the way, they make their own deserts in house and they are phenomenal!!